FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CNN's Larry King Interview with Ahmadinejad

Navigator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnPiRLumMKI&feature=player_embedded

worth a watch.
deanhills
Am wondering how Larry King managed to land an interview with President Ahmadinejad? Do you know the background details? What a scoop! Did he have to get special permission to be able to do the interview? And where was it held?

I did not find any real substance in the interview, perhaps deliberately so? Larry King let the President take the lead most of the time?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

I did not find any real substance in the interview, perhaps deliberately so? Larry King let the President take the lead most of the time?

In any difficult-to-get interview, the interviewee is often given the chance to dictate which questions will and will not be asked... in essence scripting the whole interview ahead of time.

This is likely one of those cases.
liljp617
It doesn't help that Larry King is legitimately one of the worst interviewers I've ever personally witnessed.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
It doesn't help that Larry King is legitimately one of the worst interviewers I've ever personally witnessed.
Good point. And I do agree with you. I can't remember last when I viewed any of his shows.
Navigator
liljp617 wrote:

Couldn't agree more, trying to catch Ahmadinejad with questions whether he would release the american hikers, then being responded with a magnificent punch demonstrating that Iran has separation of powers, it speaks lengths of King's agenda.
jwellsy
Larry King is news?
His meeting with Louis Farrakhan and the New Black Panthers would be much more interesting to listen to.
http://topics.npr.org/article/0bS08X6d832jZ
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
I second the motion