FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Talk

baboosaa
While using Gtalk i noticed that whenever the other person is typing on his/her keyboard then on my menu bar "Mr. A is typing" comes, how is that possible. if that is possible then i think it is also possible to all the thing that i am typing or any other person is typing
SonLight
It's possible because of interactive web pages that monitor changes in the status of their clients. When two people have established a connection, then the server computer can indeed know what each person is doing.

If I understand you right, it sounds like you're worried about a security issue, that Google could reveal what you are typing even before you commit to sending the line. I suspect that's true in principle, but it is reasonable to believe that they will not deliberately "snoop" by passing on or analyzing partial lines other than to identify the fact that one is indeed being typed.
saratdear
I think it is just to let you know the other person has not left...they're still typing a message.

I believe Skype has a similar feature; it uses a pencil icon when the other person is typing.
sonam
I think you don't need to worry. This is only indicator and you can see the other person how is typing message for you. The skype have the same think (pencil). SonLight have true about snooping, this is quite hard work for few millions messages per minute/second, and I don't think goog have this intention. But maybe we are wrong Rolling Eyes In other hand, with simple ajax and Javascript they can give us more funny and informative gtalk.

Sonam
nam_siddharth
baboosaa wrote:
While using Gtalk i noticed that whenever the other person is typing on his/her keyboard then on my menu bar "Mr. A is typing" comes, how is that possible. if that is possible then i think it is also possible to all the thing that i am typing or any other person is typing

When you type any character in the typing box, Gtalk sends notice to the 2nd person that you are typing something. But it is not as effective as you think. If you just typed 1 character and stop typing, the other person will continue getting the message that you are typing something.

Almost all present generation messengers have implemented this technology, including yahoo, skype, msn etc.
Fire Boar
Anything you haven't sent yet has not left your computer. "X is typing" is all the information that these programs send. If you want to see this for yourself, you can install a packet capture program like Wireshark and check the data.