FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

to kill a mocking bird

baboosaa
I bought this book in my nearby store , i was really impressed by its title.
I finished this book in single sitting but i really couldnot make out what is this novel really about -- i found something anti-racism but i dont think whole book spins around that
Bluedoll
Must hang my head in shame but I did not read the book. Did however see the old movie with G.Peck which depicted life in a small town. The father of a lovely innocent little girl had a social conscience, a thinking mind and some power over others.

She asked a question from her father and the question related in the story to a disabled man, “is it wrong to kill mocking bird?”

Start by asking yourself that question.

I am interested in what other posters might say here.
crimson_aria
I have read this book, but it took me years to actually finish it XD haha true. I mean, I read it then put it off for a long looooonnggg time. and then I decided to read it again, then put it off again, then finally read it for real for the third time. I don't know why, but the beginning of the book didn't really get me. Or maybe probably it's just that there are other books I wanted to read. in the end, I think to kill a mockingbird is oneof the best literature pieces out there. when I finished the book it was the only time I realized how meaningful it was. Especially the last pages, where these lines came (spoiler alert: "Neighbors bring food with death and flowers with sickness and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a pair of good-luck pennies, and our lives.")
Insanity
One of my favorite books. It's such a great story and there's so much meaning and symbolismn in it.
Radar
I have mixed feelings about this book. I'm currently in the process of reading it after a friend insisted that I do so. Most people I know were forced to study it in school and can't stand it. A small minority love it.

Not sure.