FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting a podcast

D'Artagnan
I'd like to host a podcast in my website, it will be available in ZIP and Mp3... is it possible or against the rules?
rickylau
As I seen, it may be a violation to following TOS
-Websites or processes generating a high resource usage. This includes backing up/(g)zipping your account/website with a cron job. Resource intensive third-party statistic programs are also not allowed.

-Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)
-Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.
-MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. Some exceptions might be made for self-made music hosted in one directory together with a legal.txt file explaining that the music files are completely legal. A written permission from an administrator is necessary prior to uploading the files. Remixes aren't considered as self-made music. Permission should be asked in the Request an Account Change forum.
D'Artagnan
rickylau wrote:
As I seen, it may be a violation to following TOS
-Websites or processes generating a high resource usage. This includes backing up/(g)zipping your account/website with a cron job. Resource intensive third-party statistic programs are also not allowed.

-Copyrighted material without the permission of the owner. (content, images, music, software, ...)
-Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.
-MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. Some exceptions might be made for self-made music hosted in one directory together with a legal.txt file explaining that the music files are completely legal. A written permission from an administrator is necessary prior to uploading the files. Remixes aren't considered as self-made music. Permission should be asked in the Request an Account Change forum.

thank you, these are the topics on the TOS that made me write this post. if i receive permission will it be alright to host the Mp3 i produce for the podcast, or this fall under the "high resource usage" category?
mOrpheuS
D'Artagnan wrote:
if i receive permission will it be alright to host the Mp3 i produce for the podcast, or this fall under the "high resource usage" category?

It could.

Why don't you just go ahead and put in the request anyway.
If we find it generating excessive server load, we could always rethink.
Bondings
A podcast is fine, at least if you make it yourself and hence have all the rights. I changed the mp3 permission to yes in your account.

About the high resource usage, that's about cpu/ram/io usage. A static mp3 file doesn't use much cpu power, so that's not a problem. The only problem that you might have is that your bandwidth usage might exceed the 10GB we provide if the podcast gets popular. However, that's a problem for later. Wink