FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Delete.

Summerlong
Delete.
sudipbanerjee
The age difference between you and his is only 6 years. Truelly speaking I don't know the exact role of age in relationship but I can assure you 6 years age difference doesno't matter anything.
medesignz
When your thirty he'll be thirty six. The age difference seems relevant at the moment, because he has basically live a whole 25% more than you have lived.
When he was your age, you were 10... Does that seem a little sick?
Greatking
Age they say is only a number, once there is understanding between the two of you, nothing else matters.

Understanding is the most important thing, when you understand each other and the fact that you show respect for one another, paradise is your destination.

I myself experienced this and we have been going out for over 4 years now and finally getting married.

Go for it and believe in what you have.
Ankhanu
Whether age matters is purely contextual, as age takes on different meanings in different life/developmental stages. When we're developing (from birth through the teen years, sometimes even into the early 20s) small gaps in age are amplified in differences in maturity. At your age, 6 years is a big difference; in another decade, not so much. After the rapid development of youth, "age" kind of slows down, and rather than being measured in years, or the months or weeks or early life, begins to be measured in decades. Other than pop-culture references, someone who'd 25 isn't that much different from someone who's 40... however, there's a large difference between someone who's 12 and someone who's 14.

Physically, you may be pretty much an adult, but, I've never met a 16 year old who is emotionally an adult... I've met some who are close, or who appear to be, but when it comes down to it, you're not. In rare instances, the sort of separation in age that you're looking at can work... but more often than not, it ends in some form of tragedy... and usually for the young female involved.

If you proceed, well, good luck to you, you're going to need it.
medesignz
seriously though, its not a big age gap at all.
mukesh
I think 6 years gap is not a big gap so I think no any matter by age different in your relationship.
Bluedoll
Young guy or Older guy? Which one is for me?

Six years isn’t very much of an age difference but when you are sixteen you need to use a calculator.

I have a pet that has life expectancy of 15 human years. They say the factor is 5, so since he is now 2 years of age that makes him 10 years old in human terms. Next year he will be 15 and the year after that 20 then 25, 30, 35.

See the age difference in just six years from now?

You are sixteen and young still. I am not saying don’t date him just saying its ok to date boys your own age too.
deanhills
At 16 someone at 22 is much MUCH older than a 25-year old relative to 31. The age gap matters less as we get older, but 16 is still very young to a 22 year old. If you are in love with the guy, well, probably nothing you can do, but if not, probably good to be cautious, especially when he starts to put pressure on you that you think you are mature enough to handle but may not be good for you in retrospect when you wake up one day. Probably good to take advice from someone older who knows you very well and whom you can trust completely.
metalfreek
I really don't see too much age difference here. You are 16 and he is 22 so, I don't think its too much of a difference. I have seen couples with 28 years age difference. When it comes to love everything is fair.
medesignz
the experiences you have now, he had six years ago. but you wont be able to experience them for another six years... does that actually make the age gap 12 years?
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
the experiences you have now, he had six years ago. but you wont be able to experience them for another six years... does that actually make the age gap 12 years?
Excellent math Smile Also the math may be interesting when it is calculated in a three dimensional way?
ankur209
The age differnce is only 6 years.
C'mon this is not a big problem.Girls used to be of younger age than their male partner and a difference of 6 years is not a big problem to think upon.

If he loves you and you loves him,then there's nothing space left for these kind of thoughts. Razz

Just enjoy and do tell each other about your feelings. Very Happy
Ankhanu
I really think a lot of people posting in this thread are quite naive. As deanhills and I have said, age is not linear in terms of development and maturity. It's true that the relationship levels off eventually, but the two people in this particular situation have not reached that point (with all likelihood); the gap is bigger than the numeric magnitude would suggest.
skrinternet
24 years old I met my wife who was 16, all of her family criticized, this is already 30 years.
we love even more

be happy and let them talk all they want
macky
Summerlong wrote:
I am 16, he is 22, I really like him a lot and he asked me out and even gave me reasons as to why he likes me and unlike my ex its not just because I'm pretty. I was wondering if age really matters because some people say love conquers all and other say it will never work. What do you guys think?

hhhmmmmm.... age will only be matters at your stage. That precious lines is only applicable on the

people who are matured enough. But to answer that question of course it doesn't matter even if the gap

is 20 years or more. What matters is how you be able to cope with things that you have some

misconception or misunderstand coz it really important.
Blaster
At the pool I worked at we had a couple who were 18 years apart. She was in her 40s he his 60s and they had 2 kids about 5 years old. They were a happy couple with happy kids. They never spoke of their ages or that it kept them apart. (When they entered into the pool there birthday was displayed thats how we figured out their ages)

So what i'm getting at is in the long run age doesn't matter. Sure it does now at this age don't get me wrong. If you think about it this way he can legaly drink and you can not. He has probably been to college and you are only in high school. I know people that are like this and they do just fine. However I would talk with your parents and see what they say.

My friend when he was 20 was going out with my other friend who was 17 at the time. He was good to her and never did her any wrong. Yet her dad didn't approve of it so they broke it off. The year after that she was pregnant with another boys baby. This kid treats her like shit and they do nothing but bad things.

So sometimes if its the right person then maybe it is a good thing.

But like I said talk with your parents about it. You don't want them to feel like your are hiding something from them that could be bad.

(just as a note i'm from the us where drinking laws are older)
Flakky
Sometimes it is. But if you stay true to yourself, do not do anything you don't want to do and stay focussed, any relation should work, no matter what age Smile
standready
deanhills wrote:
At 16 someone at 22 is much MUCH older than a 25-year old relative to 31. The age gap matters less as we get older, but 16 is still very young to a 22 year old. If you are in love with the guy, well, probably nothing you can do, but if not, probably good to be cautious, especially when he starts to put pressure on you that you think you are mature enough to handle but may not be good for you in retrospect when you wake up one day. Probably good to take advice from someone older who knows you very well and whom you can trust completely.

I am in agreement with deanhills and Ankhanu. Age, in terms of maturity, is not linear. You are still quite young and you ask "if age really does matter". Right now, YES!
When you are older and have experienced more "life", then, not so much.
uchejohn
From my own point of view and from scholars, age does not really matter in a relationship. what matters is the level of commitment between both parties. i believe love is what is needed.
ankur2010
No i don't think that age would matter a bit in relationship...!! Smile

its you and yours partners love...that matters... Laughing
ok so don't worry on dis age part.. Razz
kitsrock
According to the half-plus-seven rule, you did not make the cut. (22/2+7=1Cool.

However. This is really for you to decide. People mature both physically and mentally at different age. A simple formula will never be a good indicator on age disparity.

So, you just have to ask yourself the question.
Does this feel right?
Do you have feelings for him?
Are you mature enough to handle a relationship your family/friends might frown upon?

I mean, I have seen a couple that could not handle a 4 year difference (19 and 23), while another handled 8 (17 and 25 when first started dating) perfectly fine and is now married and so very happy.

It really depends on each couple.
dude_xyx
I really don't think age matter unless one of them is 13-14 and other is over 20. I don't think its a problem if one person is 18-19 and partner is 27-28. Because in real life I have seen relationships between people who has age gap works better and last longer than those who are around same age. I guess usually they understand each other better or at least the older person understands better.

After all it's all about how each other feels about and how comfortable with each other.

Well okey I guess there is a bigger chance things not work between people who has a huge ago gap like 20-25 years.
medesignz
what about an age difference in an online relationship?
watersoul
medesignz wrote:
what about an age difference in an online relationship?

If the two people never meet then I can't see how age matters much. A purely digital relationship without ever having a physical slant is just like an old fashioned "pen friend" exchanging letters. OK, it's quicker these days, and we do have video chat etc, but it isn't a "real" relationship in the sense that it could never progress anywhere without plans to meet or plans to move in together etc.

Obviously, a minor being chatted to by an adult online is potentially questionable, but as far as 2 adults meeting online goes, I personally only consider a romance relationship to be "real" and important after meeting a person face to face.
hersandal
I guess age does matter when in terms of making decisions with the relationship your having and what to approach in the directions on your life between the two of you, But when in terms of loving each other I guess that wouldn't matter because love will always prevail.
zbale
deanhills wrote:

I think "deanhills" said it best. Nothing to add, except that you shouldn't hesitate to ask more questions through this thread if it helps.

Remember that it's always flattering when someone older is interested in you. It does not mean you have to be interested in that person. Good luck figuring things out.
mk12327
zbale wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I think "deanhills" said it best. Nothing to add, except that you shouldn't hesitate to ask more questions through this thread if it helps.

Remember that it's always flattering when someone older is interested in you. It does not mean you have to be interested in that person. Good luck figuring things out.

Agreed. I believe you might need to seek more advice. Although I do not believe age is a barrier for relationships, I noticed you mentioned your ex in your post. This does not seem positive because if you are truly interested in this new guy, you should not compare. Love is something that cannot be compared.
nigam
age does not matter as long as he truly loves you and he is not playing with you. but anyways, you are still young, when you're in mid 20's, you will truly matured enough and you will know if the guy loves and sincere with you.
jmlworld
The difference is 6 years, which is not --really-- that big. The age difference that may harm a relationship is 10+ years. However, LOVE is the only thing that matters. Age doesn't matter as long as the two persons understand and respect each other.

If you believe his love towards you is true, then stick with him. That's all I can say.
Da Rossa
Summerlong wrote:
I am 16, he is 22, I really like him a lot and he asked me out and even gave me reasons as to why he likes me and unlike my ex its not just because I'm pretty. I was wondering if age really matters because some people say love conquers all and other say it will never work. What do you guys think?

Not a big deal. You both might have a lot to learn and live together. Why not? The only problem is the legal thing.
What do matter is the pedophílical difference, I mean, 37 to 16 years old and so on.
macky
age will always be doesn't matter of ...
zbale
jmlworld wrote:
The difference is 6 years, which is not --really-- that big. The age difference that may harm a relationship is 10+ years. However, LOVE is the only thing that matters. Age doesn't matter as long as the two persons understand and respect each other.

If you believe his love towards you is true, then stick with him. That's all I can say.

I don't believe there is ONE "age difference that may harm a relationship":

1) As noted above, age difference is relative and 6 years do not feel the same between a 13-year-old and a 19-year-old (yuck) as between a 40-year-old and a 46-year-old.

2) In addition to being relative, age differences are subjective -- some big (even 10+) age differences are not felt as a problem by some couples while smaller differences (e.g. 3 years) can matter for others (it's enough that it's a problem for one of the lovers, mind you).

Good luck figuring out what's good for you.