FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


soulmates and past/future lives





breelee
So here's a thought..... I never really believed in soul mates or reincarnation but I'm starting to wonder about it. There has been one person that has come in and out of my life (this current one..haha). At the time, he was in Europe and I was here in the States. Yes, we "met'' online and chatted for a few months, just friends. We realized that we grew up in the same big city and went to rival high schools. It wasn't until about a year later that we felt like we could go somewhere with this. He was in the Army and we made plans to see each other that summer. It never happend, he was deployed for 15 months. We got back in contact when he had about 6 months left on that deployment, and we picked up where we left off. I never expected anything from him so I wasn't upset that our 'plans' fell through. There was some kind of connection that I hadn't felt before, like he's always been in my life. I never really experienced it before so really, I never saw it coming. At the time, I was involved with someone and only considered Army guy as my friend. It wasn't until my bf and I started having problems, did I open up to him and confide in Army guy. Once I did, we opened up ourselves to giving it a try. He was almost back from his deployement when we started making those plans again. He was going to come back to our home town and spend about a week with me. Everything was great, we had an awesome time and made plans for our 'future'. Long story short, it didn't work out and I'm totally ok with that. The wierd thing is, even though he's out of my life and has been for over 2 years, not a day goes by where I don't think about it. I don't understand that. I'm not in love with him at all. I'm married and happy but there is something there that is always making me think about him. Is it my soul?? Is my soul attached to his?? When we were together, it felt natural, like that's where I was supposed to be and where I have always been. Has his soul and my soul been together through out the times? It's as if we're supposed to be together but whenever we are, it doesn't work out. Has this happend to us in a previous life? Will it happen again in the next life?? I truley hope not.. If so... how do I break it? Does anyone know what I mean?
Vrythramax
You have my official vote for "Longest Unbroken Paragraph" Shocked
deanhills
Breelee, it's like having a headache. Helps to bang your head against the wall, and then the headache that you originally had will be gone? Smile You have to go out and live real life. Meeting people on the Internet and corresponding with them on electronic wavelengths is OK up to a certain point, but after that it starts to lack reality. Probably good to join a hiking club, something really physical where you can challenge yourself, and meet real live people, interact with them. To move on one needs to create new experiences, learn new hobbies, become as interesting as you want others to be by doing fun stuff that really appeals and excites you, looking after your own soul in the first place. Once you've found something really fun to do for yourself, you will wonder how you ever got involved with the guy in the first place.
standready
Vrythramax wrote:
You have my official vote for "Longest Unbroken Paragraph" Shocked

True!
I have a long time friend, she and I have every since we first met, have known when something was wrong with the other. No matter the distance or relationship. She has been married for many years has a child. We contact each only when one of us gets that "feeling". And before you ask, yes her husband knows. I was at their wedding.
iman
this sounds like 500 days of summer and a lot of other love stories.
speeDemon
Use the "Enter key", ever heard of it?
BigGeek
I completely know what you mean, I have had a few girl friends in my life that I have had the same experience with where I struggled to get them out of my head. I have come to find out that when this was going on that they were experiencing a obsession with me, and they were always thinking about me. I wonder if it was some sort of psychic perception going on where I was picking up on what they were thinking.

Have you ever had a feeling or a sensation that some one was there, they just pop into your head, and then all of a sudden the phone rings, or you check email, and there they are. Usually the first thing that they say is....I was thinking about you Shocked

I do not believe in soul mates, I think the notion is weird, and as far as psychic perception goes, I have major doubts about that as well, and find folks like Mr. Edwards to be con artists. But as far as perceptions like you are speaking about here, it often makes me wonder about perception on that level, and what it is, and if it is real or not.

But yes I have had feelings like you are describing, is it past life association, I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical about that as well.

Any one else ever had the feeling that someone was thinking about you, only to find out that they were?
ankitdatashn
standready wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
You have my official vote for "Longest Unbroken Paragraph" Shocked

True!
I have a long time friend, she and I have every since we first met, have known when something was wrong with the other. No matter the distance or relationship. She has been married for many years has a child. We contact each only when one of us gets that "feeling". And before you ask, yes her husband knows. I was at their wedding.


LOLZ, I am ridiculed!. Yes Max I too agree with you, but I am wondering what that 'true' from standready suggest! I think he completely missed your point hehe! Wink
ocalhoun
breelee wrote:
Does anyone know what I mean?

Never experienced it personally, but I am aware of some parallels...
(Personally, I think the evidence for reincarnation is much better than the evidence for any other kind of afterlife.)

You may want to look into the identical twin phenomenon... Which seems a bit similar.
Sometimes twins separated at birth will lead astoundingly, impossibly similar lives.
One memorable example was a pair separated at birth to be reunited in middle age... The both were firefighters, both married similar-looking women of the same name, both drove the same model car in the same color, as well as other similarities.

Add reports of one twin somehow knowing when something happens to the other from a long way away, and it seems that there is definitely more than genetics at play here.


The link between twins is obviously very close, and conveniently easy to study, but there could be other close links similar in nature, but not quite as close, and more difficult to pinpoint... Perhaps those links can transfer from past lives to current lives.
After all, there is some anecdotal evidence of people actually recognizing strangers because they knew them in a past life.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
The link between twins is obviously very close, and conveniently easy to study, but there could be other close links similar in nature, but not quite as close, and more difficult to pinpoint... Perhaps those links can transfer from past lives to current lives.
After all, there is some anecdotal evidence of people actually recognizing strangers because they knew them in a past life.
I have sisters who are identical twins, and you are right on with what you are saying Ocalhoun. It is a very good example. The one identical twin has twins as well, however they are not identical, so there are twins and twins. The identical twins however are amazing in how similar they are, especially when they had been living at a distance from one another. Doing the exact same things, like taking up smoking, even divorcing their husbands. Think it was a challenge for the husbands as well to be married to the identical twins as there is a bond that is much closer than they could ever have with the husbands. The twins that are not identical have a close relationship, but not much more intense than brother and sister. They don't look much alike either. The identical twins look identical as well, and they have had much fun with that, especially dating guys. As you can imagine.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.