FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Being more close to nature through remodeling.

jamkar
With the deconstruction process at the highest demands not only in the metropolitan cities like Washington DC and London, but is practiced by even the rural villages of many developed countries also. The advancements and the developments have thus swapped such nations as a whole. It seems like the so called development which when personified will be believed to have the so called Midas quality of turning everything into gold. The success of the construction field has also led to eradicate the unemployment, not completely but to a great extent, taking the whole world into consideration. The field of construction has thus various modes and slots also and as per that criterion, they are categorized as luxury homes, custom homes, green homes, and health homes and even make the availability of job opportunities for the skilled workers more with the deconstruction of the same at different levels.

The green homes are usually built with the involvement of basically the locally made materials and also the recycled materials to a great extent as such. The planning and the ideas thus developed during the remodeling are also thus appreciable, as it makes the human beings more close to the nature. Depending on nature and improving the dependability in a healthier way definitely fetches good results. The remodeling though seems much simpler is rather too difficult of a task and also need an expertise view or guidance to supervise the same.

Many techniques can thus be incorporated in the Green Home Remodelings per the creativity and as such both the consumer and the nature will be supportive as any such attempt will ultimately fall positively on the part of the builders health and the conservation of the nature as a whole. The replacing of the showers heads with much more water efficient and low flow shower heads, the electric bulbs with the CFLs, making the windows and the doors waterproof, particularly if made of timer, replacing the appliances with the energy star labeled appliances and so on are some of the features which a consumer himself can incorporate. But the materials in the green home remodeling, seems a bit costlier, and thus it is always necessary to seek the guidance of an experienced builder who can direct the consumer to the so called green tax incentives and much more.
c'tair
I don't know how one can change a few lightbulbs and install a few new faucets and be 'closer to nature'. Yes, I agree that it's a good step forward and one that should be taken by everyone asap, however I also think that it's become a tool for marketers and businessmen.

How come they aren't targeting that AWFUL noise pollution we have in cities? I live in Brooklyn and it's simply unbearably loud. There should be vehicle noise emission regulations just the same as there are pollution emission regulations. Noise pollution adds to our stress level, reduces our ability to sleep well and makes our environments confusing and dangerous. Why is no one advocating this fight? Cause you can't sell efficient light bulbs and faucets to people who just want a quieter and calmer world.
ocalhoun
c'tair wrote:
I live in Brooklyn and it's simply unbearably loud.

Might I suggest getting closer to nature by, well, moving closer to it, away from Brooklyn?

You'd be amazed how quiet it is in a very rural area.
c'tair
ocalhoun wrote:
c'tair wrote:

Might I suggest getting closer to nature by, well, moving closer to it, away from Brooklyn?

Oh dude, I know. I've lived in a 300k "city" (compared to 8million for NYC) before and spent much time even in rural villages, working in orchards and even though there were no 24h deli's and starbucks (which I don't use anyway) it was so peaceful and nice.

I'm planning to move, but first I have to get an education, a few certificates and a few positions for my CV and portfolio, so I have sentenced myself to live here for the next 4-5 years. But after that I'm outa here, as fast as I can, honestly.

That way I can be closer to nature without those fancy environmental devices and breathe some fresh air. Ah, how I miss fresh air! City dwellers know nothing about the smell and taste of fresh air!
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
c'tair wrote:

Oh dude, I know. I've lived in a 300k "city" (compared to 8million for NYC) before and spent much time even in rural villages, working in orchards and even though there were no 24h deli's and starbucks (which I don't use anyway) it was so peaceful and nice.

I'm planning to move, but first I have to get an education, a few certificates and a few positions for my CV and portfolio, so I have sentenced myself to live here for the next 4-5 years. But after that I'm outa here, as fast as I can, honestly.

That way I can be closer to nature without those fancy environmental devices and breathe some fresh air. Ah, how I miss fresh air! City dwellers know nothing about the smell and taste of fresh air!
I don't understand why you would need an education, few certificates and few positions in your CV and portfolio if you are going to settle in a rural area? Isn't that the classic trap that you will eventually never be able to get out off? By the time you get to the few positions, you may be earning an income and have employment that you would never be able to match in a smaller place. Would it not be much better to work with what is available in a small place of your choice, and adapt and develop your skills, education and experience to that?