FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why wHy whY

lynnJB
Why man keep other woman while he's already got one
loyal
lynnJB wrote:

It puzzles me too. How can a man claim and think that he really loves his wife if he's cheating on her?

Peace.
Helios
Some people aren't loyal or serious enough, or they don't have enough love for their partner.
I'd also hate if I found out my girlfriend is cheating on me. I'm loyal, I'm serious in the relationship and it's really disappointing to discover that my partner isn't.

But that's life, there are people of all sorts, sometimes it's best to move on and catch other fish.
natilovesmike
well, I would say insecurity would be a reason...but I guess it depends on the particular case.

Some because they are conflicted...some because they have no respect for women...but I really don't know..
Bluedoll
Everyone has their own set of circumstances so it is very hard to generalize. I would say it has something to do with needs. No one person can meet every single need of another person. It is just impossible. I suppose you could say that a man that keeps another woman is fulfilling his needs but could be loosing something very precious in the process. Man is greedy.
c'tair
loyal wrote:
lynnJB wrote:

It puzzles me too. How can a man claim and think that he really loves his wife if he's cheating on her?

Peace.

What puzzles me more is that why women can't be loyal and loving and they insist on cheating on you with the biggest jerk they can find?

Oh, maybe it's because we should not be discriminating genders but we should be discriminating against cheating, regardless of gender?
sudipbanerjee
lynnJB wrote:

Can you assure me that woman are always loyal in their relationship and doesn't cheat their boyfriend or husband?
I am sure you can't assure it. So it is awrong question.
lynnJB
I am talking abt it in general. It might happen to men too, whereby his woman may cheat on him.
If one fine morning, you called your so-called boyfriend and realize another woman answering the call, is it a good sign?
SonLight
There are two issues here. Clearly, it is human nature to be greedy, and if we haven't learned the value of high standards of commitment by the time we become adults and choose a life partner, either a man or a woman may get distracted because someone else appears more "exciting" than their partner.

On the other hand, men do have a tendency to wander more easily, and need to take greater precautions if they wish to remain faithful. There have been (and even are) a number of cultures where it is considered "acceptable" for a man to stray a little provided he stays with his current wife. While I (and I think most of us, including nearly all wives) consider this totally beneath the level of faithfulness to be expected, I suspect divorce rates have gone up because men fail to prepare themselves for that level of commitment.
deanhills
Think the worst part is people who find their partners cheating on them, then move on with their lives, find a new partner, and the exact same thing happening to them again. Almost like they have a template in their relationship make-up that attracts people who have the tendency of cheating. Then they have to go and get therapy to figure out what they can do so they can become totally different people and attract partners who do not cheat on them. Probably would have been better to make that change right in the beginning and accept that the cheating part of that partner is an offsetting negative of all the other positives they love about the partner?

I personally have always been lucky that I have never been cheated on, but have seen so many of my friends who end up with the exact same partners the second and even the third time round.
ankur209
What..?? Evil or Very Mad

How Cheap is the guy who'll be doing this...!!
This is not fair...TRUELY CHEATING...!!

Well,the reason may be insecurity,incompatibilty..Sad
uchejohn
Such behaviours of men are keeps bothering me. I must say that men like that do not love their wife. they are can also be said to be confused and irresponsible.
inuyasha
According to one of my friends, he can keep many women while he loves one only.
I'm shocked, by the way.
mk12327
It has a lot to do with how our mind works. The thing about reflective and emotional systems. Basically the idea is that there are two parts of our brain, one that thinks logically and wants the best for us in the long term (eg. holding off buying a new car and grow the money elsewhere; don't cheat on your other half because you know it will destroy the relationship), and the other part that is implusive and think of short term gains (eg. buying the new bag while shopping for a pair of shoes; cheating under temptations).

People who are able to able to fight off temptations are known to be more successful in other aspects of life eg. maintaining a healthy fitness regime, saving for the future, etc. But we can not hide the fact that most people succumb to temptations. (Between 40-70% of marriages fail) The main thing here is whether the person cheat because his attitude is wrong (if he/she thinks cheating is ok), whether it is a repeated wrongdoing, or a one-off mistake that he/she regrets.
Cheeldash
A very simple solution to this would be to accept cheating, it looks like it's part of the human nature so we can't stop cheatings, moreover since in most couples is prohibited it becomes attractive to cheat.
It's our culture that makes us see cheating as a bad thing.
mk12327
Cheeldash wrote:
A very simple solution to this would be to accept cheating, it looks like it's part of the human nature so we can't stop cheatings, moreover since in most couples is prohibited it becomes attractive to cheat.

I would think accepting cheating is a wrong attitude as it signals that "it is ok to cheat", which in my opinion is wrong. My take is not to accept cheating, but letting the person being cheated on decide what is accepted and what is not. Especially in marriages, vows had been taken and commitment have been made. Breaking of this trust can have an adverse emotional and psychological impact on the person being cheated on.
loyal
Cheeldash wrote:

Sounds like a rather weak explanation to me. Just give in and promote it as good, because it happens occasionally?
Insanity
It's hormones, it's insecurity.
macky
lynnJB wrote:

that the reality because some men are not that serious and they do not want to be serious anyway

what they really want is to have some just fun...