FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Content not updating

GW_Addict
Hmm, Im new to this hosting environment. When I transfer over my changed HTML files using FTP, they show up on the server, but not when I refresh my browser. And before you say "clear your cache" - I've done that already. I have even removed the files from the server and re-posted them. Still won't show them on the web..... and I KNOW it's not being cached on my machine....

Any help?
Bondings
Did you put them in your root directory or in the public_html or www directory? They should be in the public_html directory. (www is just a shortcut for it)
GW_Addict
Oops - that was an obvious mess up on my side. I apologize for wasting your time on this......

Thank you for your help!
yupeng
Glad to see that your problem had been resolved
yjwong
But on my side, I got this problem of SWF files not loading correctly.

I have an existing SWF file. I downloaded it and made some edits. Then I overwrited the previous file.

When I view it, the one on the HTML page shows the old SWF, but I go to the direct URL, it shows the new one!

I cleared my browser cache in Firefox. This doesn't change in IE too...
engeland
cant u just delete the swf file and upload it again? Confused
Summer
Maybe clearing ur cache will help .
n0xvb
yjwong wrote:
But on my side, I got this problem of SWF files not loading correctly.

I have an existing SWF file. I downloaded it and made some edits. Then I overwrited the previous file.

When I view it, the one on the HTML page shows the old SWF, but I go to the direct URL, it shows the new one!

I cleared my browser cache in Firefox. This doesn't change in IE too...

I'm guessing that the servers possibly cache some information as I've seen this same behavior in any file I upload. It normally takes about a minute and then works fine.
Jay
budazz
it normal when you didnt delete the cache....it will show the old swf file... Very Happy