FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Marketplace going to be no longer?

Asap170
Well with this new 'coins' system it seems when you get rid of our Frih$ we will just have Coins. What will happen to all of our well-earned Frih$? Another thing is if the Frhi$ gets taken away will the Marketplace close? I think the Frih$ should be transferred into Coins.

That was just something that popped into my little head of mine and I thought I should post it to see what other people think.
Vrythramax
The Marketplace will stay in place. The advent of the "Coin" system doesn't as yet offer a way to transfer/donate to another use, or, user.
Asap170
Yes, but in the blog/post thing it said that Frih$ might be no more. (I'm to lazy to quote it).
Vrythramax
Asap170 wrote:
Yes, but in the blog/post thing it said that Frih$ might be no more. (I'm to lazy to quote it).

Send me the quote please. The whole post not just a section of it if you would be so kind. Smile
meep
Here's the link to the blog post; http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-119180.html

It basically says that Bondings plans to stop the earning of Frih$, and a lot of new uses with the coins will be available with Frih$.

But about the marketplace getting removed, I don't think it would matter, hardly anyone uses it and Frih$ doesn't really have a value anymore.
Bondings
It's not because the earning of Frih$ is going to be stopped that you won't be able to trade for it in the marketplace. Considering it will most likely get some more uses (like for games) I assume that the Frih$ might get more worth.

And Coins are currently not allowed to be exchanged, but there is a good chance that this will change in the future.
ocalhoun
Bondings wrote:
Considering it will most likely get some more uses (like for games) I assume that the Frih$ might get more worth.

It would be interesting to find out what happens to the value of Frih$ if the only way to get them was to trade for them in the marketplace...
Asap170
Bondings wrote:
It's not because the earning of Frih$ is going to be stopped that you won't be able to trade for it in the marketplace. Considering it will most likely get some more uses (like for games) I assume that the Frih$ might get more worth.

And Coins are currently not allowed to be exchanged, but there is a good chance that this will change in the future.

What if you did this: For every 200 Frih$ user gets 10 coins. So that why the Frih$ doesn't go to waste when they get removed.
ocalhoun
Asap170 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

What if you did this: For every 200 Frih$ user gets 10 coins. So that why the Frih$ doesn't go to waste when they get removed.

He may be trying to remove the inequalities in Frih$ distribution.
Because people like me have so much, if he made it possible to buy anything real with them, he would need to make it incredibly expensive, or the Frih$ rich would drive him out of business... But if he makes things that expensive, then most users will never have any hope of being able to afford it.

In any system where you could easily exchange frih$ for coins, the same problem would happen...

So, the obvious solution is to have a fresh start with a completely new (and completely separate) currency.
Vrythramax
*sigh* ... I earned the bulk of my $frih in the marketplace doing search engine registrations for frihosters, and I continued to promote frihosters on the web by utilizing thier talents and spreading the word of them ... now it seems that a massive amount of work will be reduced to meaninglessness very quickly.

how very tragic Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
@Vrythramax, you'll be able to use your frih$ for pretty much the same stuff that coins will serve for, just not for domains, at least that's the plan. So they certainly won't become meaningless.
deanhills
What I learned from Bondings in his Blog (refer the recent Coin thread) is that absolutely everything with the Frih$ will stay exactly the same. The only difference will be that we won't earn new Frih$. So we will still be able to trade with them. Hopefully that means they will become scarce and more valuable as well.