FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reading is the cornerstone of education.

Mariathomas
Well I think that Reading is the cornerstone of education. The huge majority of this world’s knowledge is engage away in books. Your ability to access this knowledge is directly related to your intelligence. Reading is a skill that you exercise. Your ability to read complex material is increased by stretching yourself, I am sure everyone has had the experience of reading where the words formed in the mind, but nothing really sticks, If you are experiencing any of these conflicts, your reading is probably being done toward the center of the spectrum instead of to the right, where active reading takes place.
socceraggie
Quote:
I am sure everyone has had the experience of reading where the words formed in the mind, but nothing really sticks,

I'm sorry, I was reading your post and formed the words, but have no idea what you are really saying.
standready
Mariathomas wrote:
your reading is probably being done toward the center of the spectrum instead of to the right, where active reading takes place.

Care to explain this a little clearer?
I do agree that reading along with writing and at least basic math are essential to living in a modern world.
bukaida
Add careful listening and processing by brain along with reading & writing. Very Happy