FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Driver Compatibility Win 7 Home Prem 64bit vs Ultimate 64bit

jilbs
will the Drivers for Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit be compatible with window 7 Ultimate 64 bit?
badai
yes
alugueldelanchaangra
yes of course
ProwerBot
Has anyone been having problems at all with getting drivers to work with 64 bit?
Fire Boar
That naturally depends on the driver. Some badly written driver could depend on features present in one version but not another... but it's highly unlikely.
jilbs
thanks for your response. Actually, I bouth a Sony Vaio notebook. Problem is it comes with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit and it's having some issues. so i decided to format it with windows Seven Ultimate.

I learned that some drivers are compatible some are not. I've also notice one thing about his laptop.
It's having issues with skype. I should've bought HP
loyal
jilbs wrote:
thanks for your response. Actually, I bouth a Sony Vaio notebook. Problem is it comes with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit and it's having some issues. so i decided to format it with windows Seven Ultimate.

I learned that some drivers are compatible some are not. I've also notice one thing about his laptop.

That's weird. I would have expected the drivers to be exactly the same in all versions of Windows 7. I thought the only difference between the versions was that some had features removed. Are you sure you installed the right drivers? Sometimes the laptop comes with generic drivers which suck and you need to install the relevant drivers from the relevant manufactor's website.

Peace.
jilbs
loyal wrote:
jilbs wrote:

That's weird. I would have expected the drivers to be exactly the same in all versions of Windows 7. I thought the only difference between the versions was that some had features removed. Are you sure you installed the right drivers? Sometimes the laptop comes with generic drivers which suck and you need to install the relevant drivers from the relevant manufactor's website.

Peace.

I did, i download those drivers from their esupport site. Weird thing is their system tools even tells me that my battery is not authentic. I unistalled it after. also, Skype is already having issue even with the original OS loaded.
weableandbob
Pretty much any driver that works on one version of Windows 7 will work on another. Pretty much any piece of software, really.