FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ico to be remade for PS3

The-Nisk
I've been watching some videos about the Japanese games show and there has been an announcement that both ICO and Shadow of Colosus are going to be re-made for the PS3, with HD graphics.

Another game that was announced was Devil May Cry, now I'm not sure if it's a remake or continuation, but the title suggest that it is indeed a re-make. Watch the trailer for yourself:

Nevertheless, these have been some sweet, sweet news. If only a re-make for FFVII was announced...
amperx
yeah i agree all of those remakes would be very nice for the ps3, though if a they plan to remake FF7, id rather have a continuation, just like FFX-2, cause i dont want to play ff7 all over again, id just want it to have a continuation a new boss that would be great Very Happy
The-Nisk
amperx wrote:
yeah i agree all of those remakes would be very nice for the ps3, though if a they plan to remake FF7, id rather have a continuation, just like FFX-2, cause i dont want to play ff7 all over again, id just want it to have a continuation a new boss that would be great Very Happy

There already have been 'continuations' and they all sucked, the only spin-off that was any good was Crisis Core. If they did some continuation not only would the concept suck, they would also fail at making it a sucky concept. Square has gone downhill after joining to form Square Enix.

However, a remake, where they have no chance to use much of their "innovation" to ruin the game, with HD graphics - would be awesome!
wombatrpgs
The-Nisk wrote:
There already have been 'continuations' and they all sucked, the only spin-off that was any good was Crisis Core. If they did some continuation not only would the concept suck, they would also fail at making it a sucky concept. Square has gone downhill after joining to form Square Enix.

However, a remake, where they have no chance to use much of their "innovation" to ruin the game, with HD graphics - would be awesome!

These are all pretty good points... though remaking a game does invite it to be "innovated." Take Pokemon leaf/heart/soul whatever.
recked
It's about time.