FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scrambling around in the English Lake district - photos

wellerchap
.....Sharp Edge on blencathra, in The Lake District - we're heading over that in a few minutes...

Up on the crest of the ridge...a bit airy here!

"Don't click the shutter if our John's gurning, missus....oh, and get all the ridge in down below, will you?"
D'OH !! Rolling Eyes

Trig point on Blencathra's summit

Gategill Fell summit with Derwent Water & Keswick town beyond

The way I wanted to come down...Hall's Fell Ridge, but my bad knee was causing me trouble by now, so we opted for a more gentle descent. In the queue for another time, that one.
deanhills
Amazing photos Wellerchap. That first one just makes us look so small and that mountain so majestic, and the contrast of those stormy clouds just seem to be doing talking of its own as well. Sort of a winner photo that one I thought.

How do you keep your balance with shooting great photos like that, having a knee challenge and climbing at the same time ..... Smile
ocalhoun
Nice, I would never have suspected such places were still to be found in the UK if it weren't for such posts.

What's that big object on the far point of the ridge in the 4th and 5th photos?
wellerchap
deanhills wrote:
How do you keep your balance with shooting great photos like that, having a knee challenge and climbing at the same time ..... Smile

Well, I guess staying upright & balanced is a much better option than the alternative up there! Shocked Very Happy
The knee's settling down a bit now, and I really hope it's not going to be a recurring thing, as I hate to think I may have to stop the fell-walking....I'm planning a trip to Scotland next year to d oa bit of exciting scrambling, so want this fully cleared up so I can get in shape for that.

ocalhoun wrote:
Nice, I would never have suspected such places were still to be found in the UK if it weren't for such posts.

What's that big object on the far point of the ridge in the 4th and 5th photos?

They're other walkers....that point gives some great views down into the valley there & onto the lake (Derwent Water) below.