FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

linkin park

sicbrasil
www.lpstreetsolider.com
soulman
Wow, that is a good site, and I love linkin park very much~~
Lukrasha
Yeah, I do too.

A lot of people don't like them anymore, but I still do.
Twikki
I thought linkin park were rubbish when they rleased an album with Jay Z
soulman
their music was a little poor at the beginning, but now their musics are really cool.
BioHaZaRD
God I hate Linkin Park. Rap and rock were not meant to mix. I'm not sure how Linkin Park has become so popular, but I regret ever listening to any of their songs.
threezeroone
sicbrasil wrote:
www.lpstreetsolider.com

what's the language of this site?
albert
Hey Guy!
What is your website talking about?
I can't understand!!
joshua_erceg
Hmmm... I like the "breaking the habit" song best - (watched the 30mb videoclip on the net once, WITHOUT BROADBAND) but I still liked nearly all of their released songs Smile
& I think how Linkin Park did the album with Jayz was good.
Maybe I only like the Jayz + linkin park thing because I like both rock & hip-hop...
Then again - their poularity is kinda dead now... Sad
threezeroone
albert wrote:
Hey Guy!
What is your website talking about?
I can't understand!!

hehe, thats why I'm asking what language that site is using because I can't understand a thing. Laughing
soilgrain
Linkin Park are boring. The only reason they seem to have died off is because they arent in the spotlight anymore, they have probably been touring alot or writing a new cd. Because there is no new music, people assume they are dead, without finding out what they are really doing.
Nameless
I LOVE Linkin Park. They are my favourite band, and there is not a single one of their songs I don't like... except perhaps those ones with Jayz. They weren't so good.
break-the-rules
Wow! Like your site Very Happy
soulman
Nameless wrote:
I LOVE Linkin Park. They are my favourite band, and there is not a single one of their songs I don't like... except perhaps those ones with Jayz. They weren't so good.

bearly people like their Jayz.... does any one do?
Twikki
threezeroone wrote:
sicbrasil wrote:
www.lpstreetsolider.com

Spanish Rolling Eyes
datom
I know linkin park but i never heard his songs .
i will try the site !
thanks
viper34
tnx for the site dude ... linkin park 4 ever
threezeroone
Twikki wrote:
threezeroone wrote:
sicbrasil wrote:
www.lpstreetsolider.com

Spanish Rolling Eyes

ah, ok. The site is great but I can't understand the language.
romeolovejully
I love Linkinpark very much, i love Chester,my favorite song from them is "In the end". Wink
Kelcey
I like linkin park a lot too. Though their music seems to be a bit formulaic.
Athomix
Yeah it's really a very good group, I love their songs Very Happy Smile Very Happy
ZeroXD
is the site mentioned in the first post still working? I get some strange placeholder site instead when I attempted to visit it.
Nutteloos
Looks like it's been taken down indeed. Shame, I didn't understand much of it but it certainly looked allright.
roxys_art
I dislike Linkin Park. I used to listen to them when they first came out (way back when I was in high school), but I soon grew very tired of them. If you have heard one song from them, you have basically heard them all. Here's the rundown...

-Song starts off soft...usually with some sort of sample or musical loop
-Song gets louder by adding guitar, drums, etc.
-Song gets a bit softer again for the verses
-The rapper guy comes in and raps about how hard life is...or whatever
-The singing guy then comes in for the chorus
-The rapper guy comes in an raps another verse
-The singing guy then comes in for the chorus again
-Then there is usually an interlude verse
-Chorus is repeated a few more times
-Song usually goes back to the same sample or musical loop it started with
-End song

Yay. What I am trying to say is that Linkin Park formulates their music too much. It's predictable and boring. But if it works for some people, I guess more power to them.
louderthanbombs
Linkin Park is pretty bad, I mean they're generic rap rock crap.
Blu_Spykz
Why break a formula that makes you successful, popular, and, moreover - rich?

Def Leppard did it - potentially the most over-used band EVER. There songs ALL sound like eachother, no change, but big cash, and a large fan base.

LP may have the same formula, but at least there songs differ in sound, meaning and power.

I like all their songs, and will probably buy the albums they release in the future. (no probably about it tbh // LP FTW!)

But whatever works for people.

If they're not your thing that's cool.

I had the honour of seeing them live a few times - they are getting better with age.
TheHigherClass
Twikki wrote:
I thought linkin park were rubbish when they released an album with Jay Z
that is some crazy stuff what were thay think every one thinks the new thing is rap bap scratching records and rimes GET A LIFE!!!!! FOR GOT SAKES....
Nutteloos
And there was I thinking this was not going to be another I love/I hate Linkin Park loop...

For those of you just looking at the topic title: this is NOT one of those threads. Actually it's about a website that used to be dedicated to Linkin Park, but is now taken down. Why am I even trying this? Rolling Eyes
roxys_art
Blu_Spykz wrote:

Well, I guess if they make music to become successful, popular, and rich, then I am happy that I do not listen to them. However, if this is the case, in my opinion, LP does not actually make music then; they simply sell a product.

To me, music is an art form that consists of various forms of sounds as well as silence expressed in a period of time. The main thing I pick out of my definition is the word "art." Art is the act of expressing feelings, thoughts, observations, and emotions. Music is also about change. This world around us is constantly changing. This changes our perception of "how things are" and therefore, changes the way we want to express ourselves. How does using the same formula over and over to sell alot of records and become rich fit into this definition?

So, to answer your question: I would personally break the formula because I make music to express myself. The way I feel on any particular day can change depending on my mood, influences, what I am feeling on that day, etc. I don't just use the same formula over and over to express myself because that is...boring. It's unoriginal. It has been done. It expresses the same thing over and over. It's boring. It's unoriginal. It has been done. It expresses the same thing over and over. It's boring...it's unoriginal...well, you get the picture.

Music is a beautiful thing. It can make you happy, sad, and even send chills down your spine. However, music to me is not about making money. And those bands that have the primary objective to become rich and sell alot of records...don't expect me to be buying your albums anytime soon.
Blu_Spykz
roxys_art wrote:
Blu_Spykz wrote:

Well, I guess if they make music to become successful, popular, and rich, then I am happy that I do not listen to them. However, if this is the case, in my opinion, LP does not actually make music then; they simply sell a product.

To me, music is an art form that consists of various forms of sounds as well as silence expressed in a period of time. The main thing I pick out of my definition is the word "art." Art is the act of expressing feelings, thoughts, observations, and emotions. Music is also about change. This world around us is constantly changing. This changes our perception of "how things are" and therefore, changes the way we want to express ourselves. How does using the same formula over and over to sell alot of records and become rich fit into this definition?

So, to answer your question: I would personally break the formula because I make music to express myself. The way I feel on any particular day can change depending on my mood, influences, what I am feeling on that day, etc. I don't just use the same formula over and over to express myself because that is...boring. It's unoriginal. It has been done. It expresses the same thing over and over. It's boring. It's unoriginal. It has been done. It expresses the same thing over and over. It's boring...it's unoriginal...well, you get the picture.

Music is a beautiful thing. It can make you happy, sad, and even send chills down your spine. However, music to me is not about making money. And those bands that have the primary objective to become rich and sell alot of records...don't expect me to be buying your albums anytime soon.

////////

To contradict my own quote somewhat, I agree with you all the way. Bands sell their "music" for the riches it brings.

In terms of LP though, I don't think that is the case. The amount of charity work they have done is testiment to that alone. The thought process that goes into writing their songs too is awe-enspiring.
(Watch LPTV webcasts). They are a real tight-nit group who make music with love and devotion to their fans.

It's not about their formula, as they shown with Reanimation, Collision Course (with Jay Z) and more recently Minutes to Midnight, all three of which show LP spreading out into different directions... something many bands NEVER do.

My formula quote was directed at successful bands such as Def Leppard who never seemed to branch out, but still sold many millions of records. I do not believe LP is like that.
jerredk
Very cool site!

i love the song " in the end"
but the others too!
thank you very much for the link!
datter
How about this?

All Linkin Park songs look the same

Smile
roxys_art
datter wrote:
How about this?

All Linkin Park songs look the same

Smile

Very interesting...
Blu_Spykz
Rolling Eyes

I read a counter to that site stating that, potentially, ALL rap songs by ANY rap artist look the same. I don't know if this is true, but music is music, it's not about how it LOOKS but how it SOUNDS!
pll
wow... I just saw their show yesterday we were like 100 000 persons on a rainy day. There was atreyu and silverstein for the first part (they were not so good). When linkin park came on the stage it was crazy, now I have no more voice ( I knew every song they made yesterday ) it was the best show I saw ever.
Even if it was outside and there was a lot of rain...
Note the guitarist&drummer with a little yellow bag to stay dry, they took it out after the third song (see the video below)

They started with "No More Sorrow" :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W_omVeGYBgQ (some parts were filmed on the giant screen...)
then after the re-call Mr. Hahn did Kyur 4th Ich (never thought they was doing this song live) and then they ended the show with ONE STEP CLOSER.

THAT WAS CRAZY, when will we see them back ? (Think I'll go to the states to see them some day)

EDIT : I just made a little picture with the guitarist and his impermeable :

Embarassed Laughing Shocked

Note: the sound of the video wasn't took at the show. They putted the real songs over the images from the yesterday show.
Mrs Lycos
It's a good group, i love their song "Numb" Smile
chartcentral
Wow, brings me back to the days where they dominated the charts in our country for 8 straight weeks and had the song of the year with "In the End." They pretty much had an excellent debut album in Hybrid Theory and they are still doing great currently. Way to go, Linkin Park! Smile
fpwebs
Linkin Park has been my favourite band now for at least 7+ years. I've liked them since the 5th grade and now I am becoming a senior in high school. Hybrid Theory is an amazing album and I never thought that anything could be better until Meteora came out. I liked Reanimation and their singles and EP along with their live performances. They are an amazing band to hear live! That is something that you normally do not see in bands. I, however, did not enjoy Minutes to Midnight as much as most people did. I was dissapointed that Mike didn't rap as much and that he began to sing on the tracks. It was also a little more slower than the kind of music that I like. They say they wanted this "new" style? I don't really like it, but other people just seem to love it out of nowhere. People who always said "I hate Linkin Park" are now proclaiming Linkin Park as their new favourite band... pathetic. Whatever happened to the true LP Street Soldiers? You did an awesome job kid. Thanks.
filesharing
your site is down...

LP 4 EVER Very Happy my fouvorite band, bought all their albums and all songs on my MP3 Player
I was also a little dissapointed when minutes to midnight came out, but I still think it's a great album, they may have changed style a little, but thats natural - noone wants to hear the same shit on every album
Kadae
Linkin Park's Faint rulez.
Vitalist
Dude your site isnt working. It shows me an error page.
And anyone knows? If I had a music site in english about some rock band can I advertise him here too?

And about linkin park. Cool band. But the last album sux. They changed thier style and it influenced them badly. I hope that one day they will make another nu-metal album.
xtranophilist
the only one i like is "Bleed it Out"
Anshul_Jain
Linkin Park is my favourite band. I listen to them regulary. I have got all of their albums on my Zune(mp3 player).My favourite song is "Somewhere I Belong"
sikoji
Hei,,, I Love LP Their song is very easy listening

i love Bleed It Out, Given Up,,,

Never Give Up LP???
Alexrules01
I've been a fan of LP for ages
They are the best band!!
I love how they mix around with there songs and play something different live
I rekon the best song layed live has to be "A Place for My Head"
It gets the crowd absolutely pumping and the mosh pit goes crazy!!

LP for life!
gugusm
They're cool, I don't listen to them anymore, but still, they are very good.
JinTenshi
problem with linkin park is that they started singing weird stuff since they got together with JayZ.

their flavor of music is kinda different now. their latest album really didn't make that much an impact as Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. Meteora was still alright. ( Their underground albums are absolutely great too )
firefox-cafe
the website isnt working
kevbailey
I'd be interested to know what people think about Fort Minor, the pet project of the lead singer of Linkin Park. I like that album more than most regular LP songs. Anyone else agree?
JinTenshi
i like fort minor. better than that Encore album shit.

but still HT ftw haha
liljp617
kevbailey wrote:
I'd be interested to know what people think about Fort Minor, the pet project of the lead singer of Linkin Park. I like that album more than most regular LP songs. Anyone else agree?

It's not bad. Always been a big fan of Shinoda. It was pretty much Shinoda + Chester making Linkin Park (band member wise), so I think either of them could do better than LP to be honest.
mikakiev
Shinoda is the core of the band.I think it was his idea to carry big robot Gandom with them on tours and inflate it before the concert.As a Japanese he brings Eastern charm into the image of the group.About their songs,the video of Forging me for what I have done is really funny,like they put a little bit of everything kinda important things in their vid and so...Video breaking the habit with anime clip I like more.Chester animated looks really cool.BTW site isnt working the link to the linkin park is broken Very Happy
devaco
A good site .........thank
TheOnionRack
LP rocks! I think Minutes to Midnight is their best album yet, sounds quite different to their older stuff. My second favourite has to be Meteora. Prior to that, I didn't really like their style of music, it seemed a little too heavy for my liking.
nanunath
They Are really great...I like most of their songs...Why so many people hate them is puzzling!
mikakiev
Points of authority is the first song I"ve heard and still it is my favourite