FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod Touch

Tony The Tiger
I like the size of the iPod classic since I have about 100 GB of music files. Is the iPod touch ever going to be big enough to accommodate my music library.
Ankhanu
Eventually... but it'll probably be a few years.
ProwerBot
Toshiba made a new chip that was 64gb SSD, and you can fit 2 in the ipod touch. I was hoping we would have a 128gb SSD in the new iPod touches but I guess not.
Tony The Tiger
ProwerBot wrote:
Toshiba made a new chip that was 64gb SSD, and you can fit 2 in the ipod touch. I was hoping we would have a 128gb SSD in the new iPod touches but I guess not.

I don't understand how you can fit two in the iPod touch. The touch does not use card slots if I understand correctly.
pll
You gotta open it a part and tweak it a lot.

Lol with 100 gb of music files the question is : Do you really listen to all of the 100 GB of this music? Laughing

If the answer is no, you don't have to get it with you everywhere you go simply keep it in your computer.
Ankhanu
Tony The Tiger wrote:
ProwerBot wrote:

I don't understand how you can fit two in the iPod touch. The touch does not use card slots if I understand correctly.

He's talking about manufacturing, not adding them yourself... they'd have to be built into the circuit board by Apple.
Tony The Tiger
pll wrote:
You gotta open it a part and tweak it a lot.

Lol with 100 gb of music files the question is : Do you really listen to all of the 100 GB of this music?

I am lazy. I don't want to have to swap in 75 Christmas albums for four or five weeks and then swap them out and such. I just like to carry everything at once. Also, I would always forget to swap in my Americana for one-day celebrations like Independence Day or Memorial Day. This way I always have all my music, even if I forget it.
ProwerBot
I use my phones 4gb microsd card for music. I have it filled, but I only listen to like 6 songs. I say you probably dont listen to that 100gb.
Ankhanu
ProwerBot wrote:
I use my phones 4gb microsd card for music. I have it filled, but I only listen to like 6 songs. I say you probably dont listen to that 100gb.

I dunno, I have about 200ish Gb, and I listen to at least ~120Gb of it with some regularity. If you genuinely like music, it's not hard to accumulate and appreciate a diversity of material.
Tony The Tiger
Ankhanu wrote:
ProwerBot wrote:

I dunno, I have about 200ish Gb, and I listen to at least ~120Gb of it with some regularity. If you genuinely like music, it's not hard to accumulate and appreciate a diversity of material.

Obviously, no one regularly listens to 100GB of music. However, at any time, it is not clear what few gigabytes will be needed in advance. Moods vary and are sometimes affected by things that happen during the day. Thus, a large device can be desirable and that is why I like the 160 GB ipod.