FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Technical TV programs

zeda
Technical programs on television tend to forget to tell about the disadvantages about using technical machines. The air polution, the polution of the environment, the polution of the landscape are rarely mentioned in tv programs about technical topics.
johnsworthy
What? Your computer eats the landscape? You are thinking on cars and trucks, right?
Flakky
That is because being amazed by stunning news makes you want to be even more amazed. That it is terrible for nature is a side effect which make people mad as they realise what they see is never going to happen.
uzeed
Television programs are something we must take very seriously.
Imagine running the same program over and over again every day will make viewing boring.

I have come to notice that programs this days are very interesting and they are also very fast in editing programs.

I want advice all editors of TV programs to get new software's that could of help so that viewing can make more and more sense.

I am a lover of good television program viewer.
uzeed
i said it here before that

Television programs are something we must take very seriously.
Imagine running the same program over and over again every day will make viewing boring.

I have come to notice that programs this days are very interesting and they are also very fast in editing programs.

I want advice all editors of TV programs to get new software's that could of help so that viewing can make more and more sense.

I am a lover of good television program viewer.

i have not changed my views...
goldennick
I quit to watch TV - the purpose of television is not to learn people some good stuff, but only to make us good consumers. There are a little number of TV Programs ( like Discovery) that are trying to do something, but and there, purpose is not to open watchers eyes.
Flakky
goldennick wrote:
I quit to watch TV - the purpose of television is not to learn people some good stuff, but only to make us good consumers. There are a little number of TV Programs ( like Discovery) that are trying to do something, but and there, purpose is not to open watchers eyes.
I think that Discovery is not doing everything right as well. Mythbusters ruined more ozon that probably any other program Wink
Dennise
zeda wrote:
Technical programs on television tend to forget to tell about the disadvantages about using technical machines. The air polution, the polution of the environment, the polution of the landscape are rarely mentioned in tv programs about technical topics.
Sadly, there is virtually no altruism in TV. With the exception of PBS, TV is a capitalistic tool for corporations to make money. That's just reality.

Sadly also, even if tech programs included warnings of environmental harm, few viewers would actually pay much attention.
deanhills
When I read the topic of this thread: Technical TV programs, I got excited. As I thought these would be programs where we get to interact live in programs, or there are new bells and whistles attached to the programs such as holograms. I think the problem may be that journalists don't have sufficient background information in science and engineering and maybe not the time to sort all of that out before they release the story. That makes it dangerous of course as the facts are not always accurately presented.
futurcat
deanhills wrote:
When I read the topic of this thread: Technical TV programs, I got excited. As I thought these would be programs where we get to interact live in programs, or there are new bells and whistles attached to the programs such as holograms. I think the problem may be that journalists don't have sufficient background information in science and engineering and maybe not the time to sort all of that out before they release the story. That makes it dangerous of course as the facts are not always accurately presented.

Be careful with non-technical journalists making statements about technology.
tallbear
but what do I do now?