FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dale Carnegie

the_crystalguy
dale carnegie was a great writer. he had the ability to change people lives and the ways they think, he helped out the diminishing people to achieve a live long success,and get rid of their depresion and feeling of worthlessness.
how he did it?
he gathered informations from the biographies of thousands of famouse people! and prepare books on different general topics with these informaions.he revealed the secrets of the success of these people in his books
he work for years in gathering informations when writing each of his book
the main quality of his book is that you can't get bored while reading his books!
you will feel that different people are sitting around and sharing there success stories with you!
some of his books are!
[list=]
How to Win Friends and Influence People
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
a biography of Abraham Lincoln entitled Lincoln the Unknown
1946: Five Minute Biographies
1948: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. A self-help book about stress management.

beside a famouse writer he was a very successful sales man as well, all because of his ability to win people and change their mind!
he also wrote a book on this topic.

a Practical Course for Business Men (1926), later entitled Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business (1932)

you can search for his books on browser just by typing his name!
hmghaly
This is a great information about this great man, thank you very much for sharing Smile
hmghaly
This is a great information about this great man, thank you very much for sharing Smile
deanhills
I've read these books at some point in time, but feel a little cynical about them along the lines of tools that show you how to manipulate others in order to get what you want. Think these books are almost like Sales Bibles for the proverbial insurance and car sales men that one has to be so careful to become a victim off. In essence there is some good stuff in it with regard to the usual do onto others and they will do the same on to you, but I have a psychological resistance to people using these books or who have the appearance of having used books like these. I have to admit that there are very successful people who have used these books and have made lots of money out of manipulating people, but just hope that I can avoid them as much as I can, so that I won't be their victim.
Bluedoll
I have to disagree with Deanhills on a few points. I’ve only read, “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. I really did not find his methods or any of the illustrations and suggestions made in the book to be manipulating. I thought Dale Carnegie was just an honest writer saying what he thought was a solution.

Though I disagree, I can understand what Deanhills means. It is like pushing the wheel barrel of goods to sell yourself right? I am also a skeptic as to the motivation of why people write self help books. Is it fame or just a desire to help others? Big question - and what about the people that use good knowledge to do manipulating things. Shuttering! Very true like Deahhills said, something to watch out for.

As far as the bible thumping salesmen are concerned I have always make a distinction between what people are doing and saying and what is actually in the bible. Human beings can never measure up to it so in a way we are all victims, I guess. We can though separate the good info from the not so good.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
I have always make a distinction between what people are doing and saying and what is actually in the bible. Human beings can never measure up to it so in a way we are all victims, I guess. We can though separate the good info from the not so good.
You're right. Since people need one another to get what they want, they can choose to be either a victim, or to cooperate to the maximum, the tools for which are amply illustrated in Dale Carnegie's books. Yours is probably the more positive of the two views, mine a bit negative and cynical.

I prefer the coach type books that steer people in the direction of who they are and what they want for themselves. Like Psycho Cybernetics a book by Maxwell Maltz. This is at the core of his teaching:
Quote:
Maltz found that his plastic surgery patients often had expectations that were not satisfied by the surgery, so he pursued a means of helping them set the goal of a positive outcome through visualization of that positive outcome. Maltz became interested in why setting goals works. He learned that the power of self-affirmation and mental visualisation techniques used the connection between the mind and the body. He specified techniques to develop a positive inner goal as a means of developing a positive outer goal. This concentration on inner attitudes is essential to his approach, as a person's outer success can never rise above the one visualized internally.
Bluedoll
I liked the Maxwell Maltz approach to inner strength and self worth in a realistic way. Only for me a little dry but has good reasoning, thanks for sharing that Deanhills and thank you the_cystalguy for posting this in first place. Sure like it when topics make me think of very cool things!

Not sure I get what you mean with Dale Carnegie books though Deanhills. Wish I understood what you meant really or where the negativity lies. I do like your posts so what you write (even cynical views) matter a lot to me. You have good viewpoints if I can understand where you are coming from.

I want your attention. Please stand up! Now that might stop you from typing but maybe it might give you a brand new perspective and a little refreshment (exercise etc). So how is that manipulating or being victimized. I got what I wanted, your attention. You got a unexpected surprise (unless you pull a muscle). We both are winners. Only the stressed out, or the down trodden or heaven forbid the negative are really the victims?

Back to Dale Carnegie

Quote:
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People

Don't criticize, condemn, or complain.
Give honest and sincere appreciation.
Arouse in the other person an eager want
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Seems like common sense to me and might even be applied to good posts? Smile