FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Add Coins to Top of Page

Ghost Rider103
I think the coins should probably be added to the top of the page with all the other information about your portfolio.

But instead of just adding a new line with coins, I think some things should be moved around so you don't create too long of a list.

Moving the "Edit Profile" link to the right of the username wouldn't be a bad idea. So it would look like this:
Welcome Ghost Rider103! [Edit Profile] [ Log out ]
Frih$: 1629.23
Coins: 0.00
Hosted: Yes
You have no new messages
You have 0 open AWITs

You could even make more of the information horizontal to save vertical space, like this:
Welcome Ghost Rider103! [Edit Profile] [ Log out ]
You have no new messages
You have 0 open AWITs

Each item will of course need to have a bit of padding between eachother so it doesn't look like they are together. I would do it in the post but not sure how as I think only one space is allowed.

Adding the bold to each item I think would make things a little easier to read. Just my opinion though.
truespeed
A connected suggestion,i can't currently donate coins,if coins have some value then the donate option should be there as it will give purpose to and open up the marketplace and contests forums.
Ghost Rider103
It's an ok idea.

I think I would prefer people not be able to donate coins. Frih$ should be the Frihost currency. I don't think people should be able to donate coins. They should be a bit more rare and harder to come by. If you aren't able to donate coins, then it would be a bit more difficult to gain coins in bulk.

But then again, it's hard to judge that until we know what the coins are for... my opinion on that might change when I find out what they will be used for.
truespeed
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
It's an ok idea.

I think I would prefer people not be able to donate coins. Frih$ should be the Frihost currency. I don't think people should be able to donate coins. They should be a bit more rare and harder to come by. If you aren't able to donate coins, then it would be a bit more difficult to gain coins in bulk.

But then again, it's hard to judge that until we know what the coins are for... my opinion on that might change when I find out what they will be used for.

But Frih is a currency with no value,if i offer lots of frih to say make me a banner,there will be very few if any takers,if coins have real value and i offered them instead i am sure there would be takers.

Like you say we don't know yet what their uses are but i assume they will have some use/value.

I would probably go as far as scrapping the Frih.
Bondings
I'll change it like suggested. It's a very good idea, Ghost Rider103.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
It's an ok idea.

Great suggestion, that will help to separate the Frih$ and Coins as well, as they are different. Must say I'm getting very impatient to hear all the nitty gritty details. Look forward to the Grand Opening and Speech.
zeda
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
It's an ok idea.

Great suggestion, that will help to separate the Frih$ and Coins as well, as they are different. Must say I'm getting very impatient to hear all the nitty gritty details. Look forward to the Grand Opening and Speech.

some of the details are explained in another topic.
Bondings
What about this?
Nemesis234
Bondings wrote:
What about this?

looks good to me Smile
saratdear
Looks good to me, but there is some greyspace below "You have 0 open AWITs"...or is it just because I don't have an avatar?
Bondings
saratdear wrote:
Looks good to me, but there is some greyspace below "You have 0 open AWITs"...or is it just because I don't have an avatar?

That's probably the reason.
Ghost Rider103
Looks good.

Though (for me) there is some blank space below all of it, which I kind of expected. I personally would center it (vertically) along with the "Create your Frihost Blog) so it all still looks formal.
deanhills
I think it looks great Bondings exactly as is. Fits in completely with our usual style.

Alternatively, would there be any merit of using colour to put some contrast between the Points, Frih$ and Coins?

Or alternatively, just colour the Coins in Red or Gold until the Project is off the ground, maybe you can even make them shine? Smile
zeda
It might be considered to be unfair that points are changed into coins without consent.
meep
As far as I know if you get hosted here your points get reset on a daily basis anyway, so getting coins for it is not really unfair.
And if you don't get hosted points are of no use anyway.

Ontopic: I like the new list up there, it finally fits on my screen without the 'you have 0 open AWITs' going partially through the grey bar Smile
nam_siddharth
There are are 3 line blank spaces below "You have 0 open AWITs". It will be better if those blank spaces are removed. Also as Ghost Rider suggested, it will look better if Points, Frih$ and Coins are bold.
deanhills
In retrospect. I think I've now got used to it. It blends in OK, looks OK. Neither overstated nor understated. Just right.
Asap170
Is it possible to bold "Points:" "Frih$:" "Coins:"

To me I find it hard to read for some reason.
ocalhoun
Bondings wrote:
What about this?

When the user has a 7 digit Frih$ amount, the coin amount wraps around and looks ugly:
Code:

Adding enough space for a few more characters would probably fix it.

Asap170 wrote:
Is it possible to bold "Points:" "Frih$:" "Coins:"

Yes, like so:
Quote:

That would be much easier to read.
Blaster
As a side note the way that you have points frih and coins across the top looks nicer than it did. Before it would run down off the page. I thought that I would just let you know it looks better this way