You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to rank my website in SEO?

how to rank my web site in SEO?
I have created a website and pinged it. But I am failed to find it in SEO index.why? Confused
have you actually submitted it to any search engines?

if you haven't the only way a search engine will find your website is if other websites link to yours. i.e. put the URL in your signature on here and eventually it will be indexed. but submitting it is much faster.
what is SEO?
gverutes wrote:
what is SEO?

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.

The acronym "SEO" can refer to "search engine optimizers," a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site, SEO tactics may be incorporated into web site development and design. The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe web site designs, menus, content management systems, images, videos, shopping carts, and other elements that have been optimized for the purpose of search engine exposure.

Another class of techniques, known as black hat SEO or spamdexing, uses methods such as link farms, keyword stuffing and article spinning that degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines. Search engines look for sites that employ these techniques in order to remove them from their indices.

you can also hire a firm speacializing in SEO - who will for some charge make your website appear on top for few selected keywords.
From SEO process you can up rated your website from comments and forums discussions. First get registered your web site for search engine than for better response create links in forums blogs and other web sites and the traffic will increase
A higher rank means more visitors, and more visitors mean more sales, or more advertising revenue. Getting links to your pages from other sites, especially from pages similar in content
Links Links LInks!!

The best way to get a good SEO is to link from your website to other more recognized websites. IT'S THE BEST WAY
To increase your website ranking, first of all check your keyword traffic , if competition is high on your keyword than all SEO tips must be needed for ranking your website or if competition is low than you can do 2 or 3 steps or your site will get ranking.
This days, pretty much the only thing you can do for SEO that is actually proven to work is get as many other websites to link to you as humanly possible. That, or you can also hire a SEO agency like trendmx to do some voodoo for you
There are many websites on the internet ranking and criticising the sites in terms of SEO. If you follow suggestions of them and correct your mistakes, your pages will be regarded more by the search engines and could be listed on the first page for keyword searches.

Their contribution cannot be ignored.

No need to list their names, because you can easily find by writing SEO etc. on the search engines.
Nemesis234 wrote:
have you actually submitted it to any search engines?

I have never added my website to any search engine. Would you please tell me, "how can I add my website to any search engine?"

It will be very helpful not for me only but others who are not much familiar with it.
to submit your URL to Google for the search engine:

to Bing

1. Highest rank - pay specialized firm/agent
2. Medium rank - link from other webpages
3. Best effort rank - submission to search engine

Webpage index optimization using meta-data is not effective anymore. Basic rule is, the higher you pay, the higher your rank. Everything about $$$ these days...
I won't recommend you to care about SEO too much. Just keep a search engine as it is, it's not supposed to be a traffic source.

Anyway, you can simply search "Website submit" in each search engine and they will give you the exact link.

By the way, what do you exactly mean by "SEO index"? I just omitted the "O" (Optimization).
How do I promote my website and get listed by search engines?

I come across many different types of advice in terms of search engine improvement in many different contexts. I want to have a complete checklist.

Is there a complete (as complete as possible Smile ) list of suggestions for search engine improvement?
There is no perfect list. But the folowing article may be useful
While many options exist to help you increase web presence and market a web site, this brief list of web-marketing basics goes over some of the more useful and widely-trusted tactics.
Search Engine Optimization:
Search engines send out software 'spiders' that browse a web site's content and determine the site's rank; in other words, a site's importance or relevance compared to other sites. Following the guidelines below, you can begin to increase your site's ranking:

Provide Quality Content:

The #1 thing you can do to attract a steady stream of visitors is to provide a steady stream of interesting content that other people will use, read, and link to regularly.

Social Media:

Creating a Facebook Fan page and a Twitter account (and keeping them regularly updated with fresh insights) can help you create the global link popularity that is essential to high SEO rankings, as well as help you target specific user demographics.

Page Titles:

Make sure you title each page within your site according to each page's particular content. The words between the tags in the page's HTML code not only appear at the top of your browser window, but provide essential information to search engine spiders.

META Tags:

Though hidden, search engine spiders value these tidbits of code. Because of this, your META tags should be carefully crafted. Most search engines ignore meta keywords now, but do use meta description as the snippet of page content in search results.

Text in HTML ‘header’ codes (<h1>, <h2>, <h3>, etc.) carries more ranking weight than basic text. Search engine spiders index and rank web pages more accurately when you organize the page's content using standardized document structure methods. For more information see this W3C page:

Submit URL:

Submit your site for indexing to the larger search engines:

Many search engines consider the number of incoming links to a site a good indicator of that site's importance. In other words, when other sites—especially other higher-ranked sites—link to your site, the higher your site's ranking will go.

Visit the Open Directory Project and submit your site: Google uses this service to help determine ranking. Also, search the internet and/or ask colleagues for other online directories specific to your industry or business type. These directories often will list your site for no charge. Alongside free directories, sites like Yahoo!, for example, offer a paid service to include your site in their directory:

Opportunities to trade links with other sites or organizations abound on the web. Think of those sites you'd like to be associated with and ask them to trade links. Also, devise a format for how you would like them to link back to you (ie.g., using chosen keywords).

News & Press::

Articles, newsletters, and press releases are excellent ways to promote your site. While they act as advertising materials, press releases drawing on your business's strengths and expertise, for example, can also become valuable resources when distributed for free to your field's online and in-print publications.

Other ways to drive traffic
People discover new ways to steer visitors to their websites every day, but these models never fail:

Traditional Ads:

Remember to publish your website's URL on all of the printed materials your company distributes—from business cards to newsletters to financial reports and otherwise. This applies equally to any TV or radio advertisements you might do.

Many companies and search engines offer the ability to purchase placement on their sites and charge you, the advertiser, when someone clicks your link. Depending on your industry, this can lift your site to the top of targeted keyword searches. Some places to start learning about this type of advertising include:
Google Ad Words (
Microsoft adCenter (
Yahoo! Search Marketing (
Thank you very much.

I think, although they require large amount of time and effort, all of these will be helpful for serach engine optimisation. Smile
Links are important but as search engines are becomming more sophisticated, its more about the content in the future.
I found an interesting article and wanted to share people who are interseted in this subject.

Ex-Googler: “To Please Google With Your SEO, Forget About SEO”
It’s not everyday you get to hear from someone that’s worked on Google’s Search Quality/Webspam team and isn’t named Matt Cutts.

But Andre Weyher, whose LinkedIn profile lists a two-year stint as a member of the search quality team, recently spoke with James Norquay, a search/digital marketer based in Australia, and shared some interesting comments that may — and I’ll say more about this below — help search marketers and webmasters understand a little better how Google views certain SEO strategies and tactics.

NOTE: Before publishing, we asked Google for a comment on this story. It declined. A day after publishing, Google got in contact to say that Weyher “didn’t work on webspam engineering or algorithms at Google” and said it found inaccuracies in what he said. The postscript below has Google’s full statement. Weyher has also responded to say that while he wasn’t an engineer, he did work within the webspam team. His statement is also in a postscript, below.
Weyher explains that each person on the search quality team covers a certain “market” or “specialization.” His was content quality and backlink profiles. Below, some of the quotes that I found most interesting from the interview along with a comment or two from me in italics where appropriate.

On Link Building
“Everyone knew that Penguin would be pointed at links, but I don’t think many people expected the impact to be as large as it turned out to be. At this stage a webmaster is out of his mind to still rely on techniques that were common practice 8 months ago.”

He’s referring to the Penguin update that launched in late April, of course. Google estimated that it would impact about three percent of search queries. There have been two Penguin updates since: in late May and early October.

“Not only this but take PR for example, getting a link from a high PR page used to always be valuable, today it’s more the relevance of the site’s theme in regards to yours, relevance is the new PR.”

“…don’t dismiss directories completely. I have heard people talking about directories being altogether bad and advise people to avoid them. This is not the case, good quality, moderated directories, or niche directories are still worth looking in to.”

On What Makes A Spammy Link Profile
“There are a good few elements taken into account here, like how many links are there in total? A very important one; what is the quality of the pages they come in from? Do the pages look “real” or are they just there to host the links? What anchors are used? The commercial vs. non commercial ratio of the anchors.”

One of the most common post-Penguin pieces of advice that I’ve seen is to vary the anchor text of links pointing to your website. This interview seems to confirm that Google is (or was) looking at anchor text ratios.

On On-page SEO
“Of course you can’t over-do it as Google now also penalises for over optimisation, so don’t putt [sic] more than 2 commercial keywords in your titles or Google will frown upon it.”

Google might disagree with this quote. There was talk earlier this year that Google was planning to penalize for over-optimization, but when the Penguin update launched, Matt Cutts clarified that “over-optimization wasn’t the best description.” See our Penguin launch article for more on that. Also, I’ve never heard any other Googler make such a specific comment about keywords in title tags.

“Try to work on your website as if SEO was not part of your plan.”

“…what I tend to tell people is the following; if you want to please Google with your SEO, then forget about SEO.”

This echoes a theme that I’ve seen many smart SEOs talk about this year. Probably the best article on this idea is Adam Audette’s SEO Should Be Invisible.

Final Thoughts
We reached out to Google, but the company declined to comment on the interview.

The interview offers what I think is an interesting and potentially valuable look into how Google views certain SEO strategies and tactics in relation to its search quality and anti-webspam efforts. But I think it’s also important to keep in mind that these are the views of just one member of a large team at Google. As with any interview, it’s up to us as readers to try to separate the proverbial wheat from the chaff — i.e., what may reflect Google’s views versus what may be the interviewee’s opinions.

Postscript (Oct. 17): Google has now decided it does want to comment on this post, telling us about Weyher:

He didn’t work on webspam engineering or algorithms at Google. Given that we saw several incorrect statements in even this quick interview, we’d recommend sticking to trustworthy sources for accurate info on how Google works.
Postscript 2 (Oct. 17): Weyher tells us:

I wasn’t an engineer and wasn’t responsible for creating the algorithm in any way. No one within Google knows the entire picture apart from maybe 1 engineer, 1 level under Larry Page.
My tasks in the search quality team under Matt Cutts were executing Google policy, especially content quality rating and quality of backlink profiles, applying appropriate penalties and creating reports that would be taken into account by the webspam engineers.

By reviewing literally thousands of cases of what NOT to do, you learn what the limits are and from what exact point Google starts seeing something as spammy.

My answers in the original interview were based on my experiences in the 2 years I was on the team. Of course it’s important to mention that I am not an official Google spokesperson but certain things that I have learnt at my time in Google are still current.

As far as elements like commercial keywords in titles are concerned, I don’t think anyone would doubt that Google doesn’t like on-page over optimization. You can give it another name but it comes down to the same thing: try to make your page only search engine focused is not something Google likes.

It’s hard for me to comment about any incorrect statements without Google describing which were incorrect. Smile
Top 1 SEO Tips for 2013 by Dr. Pete
If we’ve learned anything in 2012, it’s that Google isn’t letting up on low-value tactics. We’ve had the Penguin update, 13 Panda updates (so many that we needed a new naming scheme), and a crackdown on low-qualityExact Match Domains (EMDs), to name just a few. While I can’t tell you Google’s next move, I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty – there’s more to come. So, how can you protect what you’ve built in 2013?
I was going to write a long list of suggestions, but I realized that they almost all boiled down to just one idea. I’m not going to toy with you – my top tip for 2013 SEO is this:
If at any point in 2012 you asked “What’s the best [X] for SEO?” (link-building tactic, tag, directory, etc.), you’re already in trouble. Any single-tactic approach is short-term at best. Real companies, real link profiles, and real marketing are rich with variety.
So, what does that mean, practically? I’m going to cheat a bit and split my one tip into five kinds of diversity that I think are critical to your SEO success in the coming years. Diversify Anchor Text, Diversify Your Links, Diversify Traffic Sources, Diversify Your Marketing, Diversify Your Point Of View

These ideas may guide someone who wants seo methods that work in 2013.
thanx this helps me. I didn't know this
really don't know a thing about SEO but heard of some softaware offering SEO dunno how it is designed to do all this.
if anyone could explain a bit about it , it would be of great help i'm also taking up few nitches up of web keyword,SEO, metatags all al of the stuff.
gverutes wrote:
what is SEO?

Hmm.. SEO is very complex and to give you idea what is SEO here is my contribution. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search,[1] news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.

The plural of the abbreviation SEO can also refer to "search engine optimizers," those who provide SEO services.

I hope that helps.
Google Authorship is becoming more and more significant. Google has verified that they do use a form of Author Rank – as a minimum in terms of position comprehensive articles. More and more business owners understand the significance of Google Authorship. Google reduced Authorship snippets by 15% in order to raise clickthroughs to only the highest superior content in the end of 2013. This has predestined a general decrease in the total number of search results going together with by authorship info, and bigger rivalry among authors. Besides this, a tiered system can also be seen in the meaning of what’s exhibited along search outcomes: Some search outcomes are exhibited with full authorship specifics, while others are showed with merely a byline. Aspects that endure to control whether authorship snippets are encompassed (or what tier is used) comprise the name and dependability of authors, in addition to the site on which the article is published. There has been a theory that those who don’t form some amount of authority via Author rank will be irrelevant (that is, their articles will no longer rank). Indeed, we’re not there yet, but it’s a powerful reminder for marketers and writers to get Authorship set up currently before we do reach that point.
SEO has changed a lot. Previously, it was just about building links from anywhere. Now a lot of quality factors have been weighed in.

Currently this is what i know about SEO:
- Build a website for people and not search engines.
- Have high quality original content.
- Update your website regularly and add relevant content.
- Make sure your layout works well on all screens like PCs, tablets, mobile screens.
- Try to get backlinks naturally and not artificially from web/article directories.
- Don't ignore social networks like Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
- Be patient and honest.
Seo requires knowing the techniques and tips for keyword analysis. Here is the list that will help to get better the keyword analysis. First, use Google keyword planner, secondly find less bloodthirsty keywords with important amount of search volume, thirdly pick key phrases list out relative keywords by importance. Google Keyword Planner is the free of charge SEO instrument that is presented by Google and it helps to detect relative Keyword ideas and the keywords search volume for you. It is admitted that it is a useful tool as compared with other keyword analysis instruments for the reason that Google is the apex Search Engine used by the whole people so the time and energy are worth to use this tool. It is not always easy to find less competitive keyword with high search volume. But this target must be achieved, because finding this result is vital part of SEO. If you learn this keyword then high search visitors can be possible. Besides this key phrases must be selected instead of choosing a single Keyword.