FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Instant Mark the End of SEO?

the-guide
Have you noticed the change in Google's Search yet? It's called 'Google Instant' that widely talked right now....

Type A it is belong to Amazon, surprisingly not Apple Laughing
Type B it is Bank of America, of course...
M is for Mapquest oh! not Microsoft Rolling Eyes
V is for Verizon, and Y is for Yahoo.

Just try another by yourself you will see...

Do you think Google Instant is a threat to SEO? Hope not!
Nemesis234
surely what 'A' can stand for is possible to change? so if many people search for 'A' but still end up clicking on apple it will eventually start standing for apple?

i cant see this being the end for SEO as there will always be rankings, and people always want to be at the top.
rajpk
yesp may be it is------------ yes off course
the-guide
After used it for a while, finally, I fell 'Google Instant' features always... VERY ANNOY me
especially when I try searching something special. It suggest and may be it think that it
really know what I'm looking for but in fact it's ABSOLUTELY NOT, NOT AT ALL! Sad
deanhills
the-guide wrote:
After used it for a while, finally, I fell 'Google Instant' features always... VERY ANNOY me
especially when I try searching something special. It suggest and may be it think that it
really know what I'm looking for but in fact it's ABSOLUTELY NOT, NOT AT ALL! Sad
Totally agreed. I find those kind of searches like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Mostly junk, forcing a person to spend extra time to use Advanced Search features. That is most annoying.
the-guide
I hope it will has an option for users to disable this feature and oh! right now it can disable.
Just notice the tiny 'Instant is on' link to the right of the search field, click on the link to get
a drop-down and then change to 'Off' that will get rid of Google Instant. That's so good!
D'Artagnan
no it doesn't, it just changes the way things are loaded, not the way things are ranked, if A appears for Amazon, is because most people when type A are looking for amazon