FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Contacting someone in Picasa

Tony The Tiger
I usually correspond with people on flickr about getting consent to use images for wikipedia. However, today, I contacted someone and they said that they had posted images of a friend who uses picasa. I could not figure out how to contact the person once I saw his picasa page. Does anyone know if there is an email form of communication for picasa users. If so, how do I access it and make contact with an individual user?
Insanity
All Picasa users are also gmail users, since Picasa is a Google product. You can try appending the @gmail.com at the end of their Picasa username and that would probably be their email. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it's worth a shot. I think most Picasa users would also be Gmail users too though, it just makes sense that way. That's how it is with my Google account anyways; most of the products are linked together and it makes things a lot easier. For example, Gmail accounts work with Reader, Picasa, Checkout, etc. Sometimes you need to seperately activate each product, though, so that's why it might or might not work. Give it a shot.

Hope this helps.
Tony The Tiger
Insanity wrote:
All Picasa users are also gmail users, since Picasa is a Google product. You can try appending the @gmail.com at the end of their Picasa username and that would probably be their email. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it's worth a shot. I think most Picasa users would also be Gmail users too though, it just makes sense that way. That's how it is with my Google account anyways; most of the products are linked together and it makes things a lot easier. For example, Gmail accounts work with Reader, Picasa, Checkout, etc. Sometimes you need to seperately activate each product, though, so that's why it might or might not work. Give it a shot.

Hope this helps.

Well I tried Picasausername@gmail.com and that elicited no response. I am at a loss for how to contact this person. Maybe it is them and they don't want to be contacted. I think the excuse I got sending me to their Picasa account may have really been a run around.
snowboardalliance
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Hope this helps.

Well I tried Picasausername@gmail.com and that elicited no response. I am at a loss for how to contact this person. Maybe it is them and they don't want to be contacted. I think the excuse I got sending me to their Picasa account may have really been a run around.

You should have gotten a response back if the email didn't exist. But I guess it's possible that someone else happens to have the address and just ignored it.

I'd say it's likely they just didn't respond. Some people don't check email that often.
Tony The Tiger
snowboardalliance wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Hope this helps.

You should have gotten a response back if the email didn't exist. But I guess it's possible that someone else happens to have the address and just ignored it.

I'd say it's likely they just didn't respond. Some people don't check email that often.

Yes I imagine the email likely went to the right person who for some reason or other chose not to responde.