FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have an audition!

Parkour_Jarrod
Guess what! I have an Audition to be in a short film! I'm excited, been ages since I've been in a film.

Have you ever had an audition or been in any sort of film or theater work?
menino
Hey Parkour_Jarrod,
Best of luck on your audition. Break a leg!

I've never had an audition, only failed job interviews.

But I'm sure you'll get it.

What is the part you are going to play?
Helios
Haha, that's cool. Are you a small time actor?

Best of luck in the audition! Share with us the experience later Smile
Parkour_Jarrod
Thanks guys, yeah really small time, I'll remember you all if i ever get big XD

I may be playing one of four brothers in a post apocalyptic short film
Vrythramax
Helios wrote:
Haha, that's cool. Are you a small time actor?

Best of luck in the audition! Share with us the experience later Smile

Helios! My brother! Message me....it's been too long.

@Parkour_Jarrod

you have been here forever....BEST OF LUCK! (knock 'em dead)
Bondings
I hope you get the audition. And if a scene featuring you ever gets on YouTube, please post it here! Very Happy
Parkour_Jarrod
Bondings wrote:
I hope you get the audition. And if a scene featuring you ever gets on YouTube, please post it here! Very Happy

Thanks Bondings! I sure will if there is one Smile

@ Max wow now i think about it i have been here for a long time, and will be here for an even longer time Smile
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Guess what! I have an Audition to be in a short film! I'm excited, been ages since I've been in a film.

Wow Parkour Jarrod. Congrats. When is the audition to be? And when were you in a film before? Are you going to do any acting in the new one?
Parkour_Jarrod
deanhills wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Wow Parkour Jarrod. Congrats. When is the audition to be? And when were you in a film before? Are you going to do any acting in the new one?

The Audition is on the 17th of this month, and the only films i have been in before is at school with LostOverThere (no i am not in his Galaxy Song clip Razz)

I hope to do more acting in the future Smile
Blaster
Thats cool best of luck with that. I know some people that are in the same boat as you. Good luck with it and like bondings said make sure you post it here if it gets on youtube.
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

The Audition is on the 17th of this month, and the only films i have been in before is at school with LostOverThere (no i am not in his Galaxy Song clip Razz)

I hope to do more acting in the future Smile
Absolute best of luck with that. What is it that they say in the business to wish good luck .... break a leg ? Smile
Ghost Rider103
Congratulations on the audition, be sure to let us all know how it goes, and yes if any scenes of you end up on YouTube definitely post them!

Be sure to hit me up if you want a personal portfolio done, I can hook you up with a professional one and help you out.

Good luck!
standready
Congratulations and best of luck with the audition! As they say "break a leg!"
Parkour_Jarrod
Thanks all, I never really understood that "Break a leg" phrase...
deanhills
I've just looked it up. There are quite a number of possibilities what it can mean, but in overall it means good luck.

One I like is that it is an abbreviation of saying "break a legend". Sounds neat. Smile

Source: Wikipedia
iman
Youtube link please, and good luck! Very Happy
Parkour_Jarrod
iman wrote:
Youtube link please, and good luck! Very Happy

Thanks, and i will youtube if it happens Razz
Blaster
Well if i read it right you had your audition. So I thought I would ask how it went. I hope you did well!!!
Parkour_Jarrod
Blaster wrote:
Well if i read it right you had your audition. So I thought I would ask how it went. I hope you did well!!!

Alas my friend, i got my results back today, and i did not get that part Sad
menino
Sorry to hear that Parkour_Jarrod.
Don't fret though.... there will be more, and keep trying, and keep a positive attitude.

Perhaps, you could find out why you didn't get the part, and keep a note for self analysis, and improvement. I know it will pay off in due time.
Good luck!
deanhills
Sorry to hear Parkour_Jarrod. Hopefully it gave you some experience for next time round. If this is what you like, maybe you can do a few lessons as well, and check out some agents? Maybe if you can set up some meetings with some, they can give you some tips as well?
missdixy
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Alas my friend, i got my results back today, and i did not get that part Sad

Aww, I'm sorry man. But like others have said, don't give up! After all, EVERY great actor/actress out there has been rejected. The key is to never give up, and to never stop trying to make yourself better. =]
Blaster
Hey at least you had the chance to go out for the part. Keep drying at it though and don't let this cause you to give up. Good luck with your future endouvers though
ankitdatashn
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

My well wishes for you dear... Smile
mukesh
Hey Parkour_Jarrod wishes you all the best and good luck
Utopia GFR
Never, but I did audition a lot for job interviews Very Happy

I believe the process of choosing the right guy is as demanding as in film & theater auditions.

I considered sometimes playing a part in some short film, maybe someday Smile

By the way, good luck with your project! Smile

Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Asap170
I may be a little late on this, but good luck. Hope you get the part(you might of already x.x). Hopefully this will be a great start to your career.