FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Its ten to 12 at night...

medesignz
My brother has just come into my room eating a pack of hula hoops, whilst I am trying to get to sleep.

Now he has just asked me to turn the tv up... is it me or is this going too far???
Arty
What's going on?
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
My brother has just come into my room eating a pack of hula hoops, whilst I am trying to get to sleep.

Now he has just asked me to turn the tv up... is it me or is this going too far???
So at what point did you write the opening posting of the thread? Was that after you had turned up the TV? Laughing
Parkour_Jarrod
medesignz wrote:

First of all what do you mean?

Secondly, how does one eat a hula hoop? they are plastic
Arty
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
medesignz wrote:

First of all what do you mean?

Secondly, how does one eat a hula hoop? they are plastic

Helios
medesignz wrote:

ROFL, sometimes I'm glad I don't have any siblings Laughing
Just kick him out Very Happy
ocalhoun
Helios wrote:

Seconded.

I love living alone except for horses.
Nameless
Throw his hula hoops out the window, throw the TV out the window, and if all else fails, blockade the door when he goes to the toilet.
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
Helios wrote:

Seconded.

I love living alone except for horses.

Third! Don't throw the TV out the window, throw him out it instead! Why waste a good telly! LOL
iman
Just pretend you're asleep?
anyone should respect you if you have a good enough reason to sleep Wink
soljarag
those hula hoop's look tasty.... dang it, now I'm hungry
soljarag
iman wrote:

Haha, you obviously have not had an older brother (or younger)
medesignz
hula hoops are tasty tasty Smile
meep
Go to his room at 4am and eat Hula Hoops there Smile
missdixy
iman wrote:

yea, this didn't work with my college roommate. it just doesn't work with some people! i'd think the best solution is to talk to him about it. just be like yo, wtf? uncool. and then try to work on some ground rules. Or, you can do it to him and then that way if he wakes up and yells at you you can be like 'hey you did it to me first now you know what it feels like!' and then pursue a conversation about rules and whatnot.

Worst comes to worst there are always the parentals if this is happening in their home (versus you and your brother perhaps being roommates elsewhere). If this is their house, well, you may not want to get them involved but you're kind of in a situation that is out of your hands and if talking to your brother doesn't work, you may not have a choice. Do it for your sanity! Trust me. You guys need to respect each other's space/sleep!
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
iman wrote:

yea, this didn't work with my college roommate.
Mine neither as he was also the party guy in the block so attracted rowdy people to the room as well. I knew talking would be a waste so instead got into the habit of spending hours of the night outside, walking long distances or in Denny's drinking gallons of lemonade and studying or reading. Sort of the positive thing to do for me at the time. Was actually a good habit to adopt as from then on forwards in the odd situations that I hit accommodation snags, this is the method I use to work my way around it.
medesignz
deanhills - did you actually try talking to him, or did you just assume it would be a waste of time?
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
deanhills - did you actually try talking to him, or did you just assume it would be a waste of time?
It would have been a waste of time. He was actually a nice guy and I liked him as well. He was enjoying himself and so were the guys who visited him. Sometimes it was fun as well and I joined in. But in overall when I wanted some quiet time a pain. I could probably have tried talking to him, but I thought that would not make sense at all. It would have been the equivalent of asking an elephant to walk on his toes. Smile
Vrythramax
At first I questioned the eating of hula hoops...luckily I read further before I commented wrong. BUT....what is with the "Prawn Cocktail" flavored ones?? Laughing

We had a topic some time ago that dealt with *very* oddly flavored topics...it was really quite amusing.
LittleBlackKitten
Not everyone is aware they're being rude, especially if there's no communication, and they themselves are not tired. Have you actually tried saying "Dude, I'm tired. I need to sleep." If they ignore you, then yeah, that's rude. If not, and you haven't said anything, then no; they're not mind readers.
missdixy
Vrythramax wrote:
At first I questioned the eating of hula hoops...luckily I read further before I commented wrong. BUT....what is with the "Prawn Cocktail" flavored ones?? Laughing

We had a topic some time ago that dealt with *very* oddly flavored topics...it was really quite amusing.

you know, before this topic i didn't even know that these existed!!!
medesignz
shall i start a hula hoop export company? Laughing
Vrythramax
medesignz wrote:
shall i start a hula hoop export company? Laughing

I am not exactly sure, but I believe the Hula Hoop (shown here was manufactured by the Wham-O Toy company, and I'm pretty sure they must have patented the idea (if not the manufacture and sale) of the item...so exportation may be a problem.
vampireferret
Quote:
Third! Don't throw the TV out the window, throw him out it instead! Why waste a good telly! LOL

Good call !!!!! Save The tele !
medesignz
i meant the snack food Smile
LostOverThere
Nameless wrote:
Throw his hula hoops out the window, throw the TV out the window, throw him out the window

Fixed. Wink
medesignz
does that mean we should perhaps close this topic now... or must we wait until we decide whether I should start a potato snack based export company?
menino
If you do start a potato based company.... dont employ your brother! Laughing
Parkour_Jarrod
You should start one, Window throwers, burger flavored potato snacks in the shape of a window
deanhills
menino wrote:
I don't know Menino, the whole story got some hungry for Hula Hoops. So he may be good for the Marketing Department .... Laughing
Parkour_Jarrod
deanhills wrote:
menino wrote:
I don't know Menino, the whole story got some hungry for Hula Hoops. So he may be good for the Marketing Department .... Laughing

Just keep him away from the merchandise
deanhills
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
deanhills wrote:
menino wrote:

Just keep him away from the merchandise
Laughing Right! Or put him on marketing rations ....
Parkour_Jarrod
deanhills wrote:
Laughing Right! Or put him on marketing rations ....

Or you could just give him the plastic kind, those will be in his digestive tract for a while...
medesignz
my bro could be the spokesperson... but in all honesty, Hula Hoops are in a world of their own.