FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime Clubs! Anyone belong to one?

Do you belong to an anime club?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
no
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

ato784
Just wondering who belongs to what club, etc.

Feel free to give details about your club.
QrafTee
There was an active one on campus when I was in high school, but by the time I entered college it had disbanded because the committee had set up a convention (they did it annually), and one of the professor's made a rude remark about some cosplayers and the administration didn't do anything to the professor. So they said if the school doesn't want to support them, they won't do conventions anymore to support the school and disbanded. There is a new anime club, but it's not as involved so I didn't bother to join.
PureReborn
There wasnt one at my high school, but there is one at my university now. I tried joining it the first term, but I wasn't really interested in the animes they were putting on (they tend to pick super popular, moe/harem stuff) plus the people werent very social.

My friend's anime club at another university is awesome though, they do tons of events and group cosplays at convections.
Parkour_Jarrod
I haven't seen any Anime clubs but if i find one i would definitely join Smile
ato784
Hey, its cool to know that are some clubs out there. I myself belong to one, and it is pretty fun, we do go to several events, and the others cosplay (I prefer not to). Overall the group is really fun. It is sad to hear that some of the clubs have had trouble though. much like QrafTee, there is not alot of support from the school, but we dont really need it.
Shiny
I belong to an anime club, which is an independent organization. It doesn't belong to any school or college or any other place... just a group of people who love anime and meet 1-2 times per week to talk and have fun. We do cosplays (but I personally don't, it's still a little embarrassing for me). We also organized anime festival in our city together with another anime club. It was a lot of fun, but, unfortunately, I couldn't attend Sad

On cold days we just sit in a cafe, where they serve delicious cakes. We talk about everything, not just anime, eat sweets and draw anime style Smile When it's warm we usually go somewhere outside the city.
ato784
Shiny wrote:
I belong to an anime club, which is an independent organization. It doesn't belong to any school or college or any other place... just a group of people who love anime and meet 1-2 times per week to talk and have fun. We do cosplays (but I personally don't, it's still a little embarrassing for me). We also organized anime festival in our city together with another anime club. It was a lot of fun, but, unfortunately, I couldn't attend Sad

On cold days we just sit in a cafe, where they serve delicious cakes. We talk about everything, not just anime, eat sweets and draw anime style Smile When it's warm we usually go somewhere outside the city.

I am completely the same except for it being apart from the school and getting delicious cakes. I don't cosplay, it also seems a little weird to me as well.

I want cake now...
inuyasha
I don't belong to any anime club but I joined Japanese Culture Club. Very Happy Actually I'm not that into anime.
drunkenkoz
I currently belong to an anime club at my college. We don't just watch and talk about anime though. We go on organized trips to cons, do LARP, and we're also big on games such as World of Warcraft and League of Legends, as well as other free to play MMORPGs.
Chellesei
I really want my school to have an anime club. Surprised All clubs at my school are about sciences, maths, music, and journalism. It would be good if they'll allow students to form new clubs. Sad

But if it's unrelated to school, well, I have some friends whom I can talk about anime. Very Happy But we don't do cosplays or anything. Just pure talk about anime and manga. I don't know if can be considered as a 'club' though. Smile
mochipie
I used to be part of the anime club at my high school, but they were mostly made up of a group of really close friends who just did random stuff during club meetings, so I sorta drifted off from there. I have lots of friends though who really like anime and we do a lot of group rants on chat about them ^_^