FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to choose?Joomla or Drupal

spring567
I am searching a good CMS. Many people Drupal to build websites. But I find Drupal is hard to use . How do you think?
bukaida
Drupal is much more powerful in terms of features, than Joomla. That made it a bit complecated compared to Joomla.However it is much more simpler than writing your own code( Driving a car is much simpler than making a car Smile ) .
macky
spring567 wrote:
I am searching a good CMS. Many people Drupal to build websites. But I find Drupal is hard to use . How do you think?

Drupal dude is the best.. I swear to god and it is stable. Full support in terms of error reporting, updates in modules. Drupal is really the best especially on the super complex sites that you want it to use..
ultimatermof
dont install joomla. because there are some hacked site installed joomla.
Fire Boar
How to choose? First, you do some research into both, plus any other options that seem to do the job. You might ask "which should I go for?" on a forum, or search for similar past threads (of which there have been plenty). Compare their merits, and possibly experiment with them both to see which you like the feel of more. When you feel you have done enough informed research, you are ready to make your decision.

That, sir, is how to choose which CMS to use.
bukaida
I agree with Fireboar,First visit some sites based on each CMS.Then make your decision.
ChrisCh
Also, you of course need to make sure that the software you choose can support EVERYTHING you might want to do in the near future, not just what you want to do today (even if you have to install a plug-in or modify the code slightly). The last thing you want is to have a CMS all setup and running all of your pages, to realise months later that it doesn't have a particular functionality that you need to create certain new content etc, and then have to manually move all of your pages into a different CMS. Smile
Navigator
The Drupal learning curve isn't steep at all if you are doing something simple. But if you need something more complex, its a whole different game, but, I would still recommend it because in the long run the module system is in one word: vast.
rjraaz
bukaida wrote:
I agree with Fireboar,First visit some sites based on each CMS.Then make your decision.

can you suggest me any such type of sites very confused with CMS.
truespeed
e107 is the simplest cms i have used,worth looking at as a possible alternative to both.