FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you expect next?

Is watching internet videos on a tv the future?
1. I prefer the computer monitor.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
2. I use a media center.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3. This question is old since htmi.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4. I don't know.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5. I don't watch television any more.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
6. Television is old fashioned.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
7. I prefer to make videos for the Youtube by myself.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
8. Nobody can forecast the future.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
9. Foretelling what Microsoft does is like forecasting the weather, it is always wrong.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

zenama
It can be said that the builders of operating systems influence eachother. Like the user window of Apple influenced the window of Windows XP. Now it can be said Windows 7 set a new limit for the speed of the computer. A way to reach a higher speed of the operating system is that Microsoft left some applications out of Windows 7. Those applications were available in Windows XP and Windows Vista. An example is Windows Movie Maker. It has to be downloaded seperately, while in Windows XP and in Windows Vista it was part of the installation. It seems Microsoft did this on purpose to increase the speed of Windows 7. Taken this in consideration the question rises what part of an operating system will influence the other operating systems in the nearby future. Here is an example. Windows 7 is partly made to work well on ssd's. This might be an option that Apple and Linux builders might want to glue into their operating systems too. Another option is to watch videos. The rise and the popularity of the Youtube might result in easier ways to play videos on a television set. Signs of this process can be seen in the conflict between flash and html 5. It seems nice to consider the way things wil evolve to have an idea what the future will bring. That might result in a feeling that one controls the world.
Fire Boar
Can't say much about Apple, but Linux has had excellent support for SSDs since they came out, and Ubuntu 9.10 takes exactly 6 seconds to boot up compared to Windows 7's 28 seconds on our main computer, both running on a SSD.

In fact, the Linux filesystems, like ext3 and ext4, are inherently much better suited to SSDs than HDDs. The reason is that it spreads writes out over the entire partition, whereas FAT and NTFS write all the data to the first available block of free space that is the right size, meaning that related files tend to cluster together (also causing fragmentation). Operating system files clustered together on disk are great for performance on HDDs, but with SSDs it doesn't make any difference.
Cheeldash
Windows cannot influence Linux or Apple, because it is always in late.
What windows did by installing less useless software shows that Windows must look at others OS for improving, since Linux distros of fresh install have pretty few softwares, in ArchLinux you just have a text-line after a fresh install.
uzeed
my friend Cheedish said:
It can be said that the builders of operating systems influence eachother. Like the user window of Apple influenced the window of Windows XP. Now it can be said Windows 7 set a new limit for the speed of the computer. A way to reach a higher speed of the operating system is that Microsoft left some applications out of Windows 7. Those applications were available in Windows XP and Windows Vista. An example is Windows Movie Maker. It has to be downloaded seperately, while in Windows XP and in Windows Vista it was part of the installation. It seems Microsoft did this on purpose to increase the speed of Windows 7. Taken this in consideration the question rises what part of an operating system will influence the other operating systems in the nearby future. Here is an example. Windows 7 is partly made to work well on ssd's. This might be an option that Apple and Linux builders might want to glue into their operating systems too. Another option is to watch videos. The rise and the popularity of the Youtube might result in easier ways to play videos on a television set. Signs of this process can be seen in the conflict between flash and html 5. It seems nice to consider the way things wil evolve to have an idea what the future will bring. That might result in a feeling that one controls the world.

No one can control this world.