FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Subdomain of .com and .info TLD Which One Is Better?

the-guide
Per as my subject line, I need some advice please.

I'm planning to create a lot of mini sites this month (nearly 100 sites) but I have not enough budget
to buy all .com TLD for them so what's I'm planning to do is:

1) Buy .info for all of my new sites (just about $2 for each).

or...

2) Group my sites and buy a few .com TLD for each group (about $8.5 for one) and then I will use
sub-domain of .com to create all of my new sites.

The problem is, I don't know which choice is better to do in order to get the best SEO result.
Have any one here have some experience to do a lot of mini sites at once like that? Could you
please advise me?

Looking forward for your help very soon.

Appreciate and thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
metalfreek
For SEO you have to buy .com because .coms are indexed quickly and rank well in search engine. On the other hand .info are hard to rank. This is my personal experience with .com and .info others might have some different views.

But google says that they give equal priority to every TLDs but its clearly not the case with .info as far as my experience goes.

I have nearly 1 year old .info domain, I have done good SEO tactics and still I am not getting descent amount of visits from search engines.

So, at last what I would suggest is to go with .com

.info are cheap so they are mostly used for scams and spams. I think this is the reason why google hesitates to give them the rank they deserve.

If you still want to buy .info then you should also have a strong plans for SEO.
rajpk
I WILL RECOMED YOU TO BUY .COM DOMAIN
because you will be indexed fast
and people will easily reach to your site

use separate .com because subdomain are not good verses TLD
the-guide
@metalfreek, Thanks for your valuable advice I try searching about this from many soure and have got
the same solution as you mentioned. So, I invested in .com TLD.

@rajpk, Thanks to you too, but I can't buy .com TLD for all of my new sites.

Ok, now I bought just 25 .com TLD and use their sub domain in combination. BTW, I think I should get
good SE result at least for 25 sites. Hope I finish all of 'em before upcoming high season.

Thanks again.
dude_xyx
Well I have both .com and .info domains but never had problem getting them indexed. Both TLDs will be indexed its like .com index faster. I have 40+ .info and 25+ .coms and also 10+ .net.

But one thing to keep in mind is .info renewal price will be same as .com so this $2 is only work for one year. If you can manege better buy .com's because this TLD has bigger reselling value.

If all your sites will be about same niche then using Sub domains will be okey but if you have exact keyword domains for each niche, these will rank faster.
the-guide
dude_xyx wrote:
If all your sites will be about same niche then using Sub domains will be okey but if you have exact keyword domains for each niche, these will rank faster.

This is very good tip for me, I have built my new sites by this way as well.

Thanks.
mtorregiani
If the question was if you should buy a .com or a .info, I'd probably said that a .com domain is better, because it gives more credibility to your site, and a lot of things more...

But if you're planning to buy 20 .com domains to create 100 sites... it won't be a good thing. Why? Because the most important thing is not the domain name, it's the CONTENT of the website! And if you have different content under the same domain, Google wont rank you well for any keyword, since it will think that your website is a mix of stuff.

Just my two cents, go for the .info domains!

Greetings!
ankur209
Well,Go for .com Domains...Don't think for the money untill u're thinking of making ur websites popular.
As everyone @bove has told you that .com sites are indexed very fastly and are at good rank which is quite difficult for .info Cool

So ,go for.com
dude_xyx
ankur209 wrote:
Well,Go for .com Domains...Don't think for the money untill u're thinking of making ur websites popular.
As everyone @bove has told you that .com sites are indexed very fastly and are at good rank which is quite difficult for .info Cool
So ,go for.com

Ankur, .info domains has no problem of ranking. It's just want people things. Google doesn't weight on TLD. But the age of domain matters. Usually if you buy a .com there is a bigger chance it to be a expired and dropped domains and .info's are usually brand new because less people register those. So basically if you register a dropped domain you can have a better chance of getting rank fast. if your domain is a new one then there is a big chance Google sandbox your domain, .com or other.

So buying aged domains is the best way to get ranked faster. Aged means those domains which has a site before and then owner had let those to expire. But before buying a old domain make sure to check if its not Banned by Google search engine and if you plan to use AdSense then also from AdSense.
spring567
.com is better than others.
the-guide
dude_xyx wrote:
So buying aged domains is the best way to get ranked faster.

This is very good idea, but It's seem that most old domains are more expensive,
at least $49 up. Once I have ever bought this kind of domain, it was indexed ready and
after adding my new content Google update it so quickly, in just a few hours. Also its rank
on SERP is so good.

If they have the name I want and I can afford, I will buy them, of course.
abhinavgakhar
i will advice you to go for second option ......to buy .com domain.......
Andreid
Thanks everyone ... this helped me to not open a new topic. Good things you said here and very helpful for beginners. I don't have a domain registered yet but I need to buy a .co.uk domain, and I don't know how things work, how do I use the host on frihost servers and the domain I register... I see that in FAQ is told something about two server names. Is it that simple....just add the nameservers in the domain registration page. I just want to know what to expect from this step I'm about to make. Hope it's as simple as in FAQ. Razz thank you guys!
bobsled
.com is much popular than .info .. .com is better than .info .. if i were you i will choose .com or .net domain name..
xevo
I think for me (and many people probably) .info will always seam a little bit spammy.
I can't help it - when I see .info I always (subconsciously) assume that the website is purely MFA and will be gone in a few months.
the-guide
xevo wrote:
I think for me (and many people probably) .info will always seam a little bit spammy.
I can't help it - when I see .info I always (subconsciously) assume that the website is purely MFA and will be gone in a few months.

Good comment, "xevo", may be it's true that some people (or may be many as you said) don't trust in
.info sites though lot of .info sites are very nice and useful (whilst I always see many .com sites are nonsensical).

sansam88
i recommended you too buy a . com domain is the best one....
xevo
One think to consider - if someone is just starting the whole "build websites for money"game it's better to start slow. Don't buy gazzilion domains assuming you will make millions. You won't. In fact the first few months you will fail and change your concept a lot of time (or maybe it's just me Wink)
I would buy just one domain and start with 10 subdomains. Build different websites - blogs, minisites, autoblogs, forums. See what suits you best. If you know what works (for you) you can build more. Or pick only 1-3 that earn best. Sometimes it's better to have 1 website which earn $100 per day then 1000 sites that earn $0.1. Less problems with only one website - less link building (I hate that part the most)
weshall007
.com. is the best one its my personal choice and u should too take a look at. com they are more seo friendly from. .info and .com is a gtld whereas .info is not