FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Angel Beats

ato784
Angel beats, anyone watch it?

I have heard it is good from one of my friends, and heard that it was bad via, themanime.org

anyone have their own opinion about it?

I will probably watch it, since my friend likes it, but I am still not sure that I should.
PureReborn
It's pretty great, one of the best anime this year. Not exactly the most creative but a good mix of various popular animes. Think Haruhi in heaven with more guns and music.
jigoku05
PureReborn wrote:
It's pretty great, one of the best anime this year. Not exactly the most creative but a good mix of various popular animes. Think Haruhi in heaven with more guns and music.

that's my first impression on this anime

This anime tried so hard to be a tearjerker, lacks character development and the ending was nonsense in my opinion.
itkhm
that's my first impression on this anime
ato784
Thanks for your opinions of the show, I have started to watch Angel beats and It is sad that the ending is nonsense, I have not gotten to the end yet, but I do agree with PureReborn, so far since it does seem to be "Haruhi in heaven with more guns and music." Although so far, it is not too terribly orginal the music is good, and I am thinking of buying the OST for it. (as long as it is not too expensive)
aoisubs
Beats Angels have a very exciting final, was one of the anime that touched me most.
drunkenkoz
Angel Beats is a great anime, but I was sad about the ending on how the main character was left all alone in that world.
ato784
Update: i watched the dubbed version of the first episode and wow Exclamation the leader of the battlefront (I can't remember her name) voice style is very different and completely changes her character.
dude_xyx
Beats Angels is a great Anime. I haven't watched all episodes yet.
drunkenkoz
You're not really missing much even if you don't watch it.

Spoiler alert: The ending was alright. They could of made it happier.
ato784
drunkenkoz wrote:

it is true that they could have made it happier, but it would not have conveyed the point that they were trying to make, that everyone should not live with regrets.
loremar
What's all this comment about sad ending in Angel Beats and that it is nonsense?

The ending wasn't sad and Otonashi was not left alone in the afterlife. He vanished seconds after Kanade vanished. There was no reason for him to stay in the afterlife because there was no more Kanade. The reason why he want Kanade to stay with him in the afterlife was because they might not meet in the next life. But if you just watch the ending after the song, Otonashi and Kanade met in the next life when Otonashi recognized the song and it ended him tapping Kanade's shoulder. It was even a better ending than them stuck in the afterlife thus the reason why the Angel Player Software was programmed to prevent such bug where love is born and prevent people from moving on to the next life.

ANGEL BEAT'S ENDING HAD TO BE THE BEST ENDING EVER. Who would have thought Otonashi and Kanade were connected all along.
ato784
loremar wrote:
What's all this comment about sad ending in Angel Beats and that it is nonsense?

The ending wasn't sad and Otonashi was not left alone in the afterlife. He vanished seconds after Kanade vanished. There was no reason for him to stay in the afterlife because there was no more Kanade. The reason why he want Kanade to stay with him in the afterlife was because they might not meet in the next life. But if you just watch the ending after the song, Otonashi and Kanade met in the next life when Otonashi recognized the song and it ended him tapping Kanade's shoulder. It was even a better ending than them stuck in the afterlife thus the reason why the Angel Player Software was programmed to prevent such bug where love is born and prevent people from moving on to the next life.

ANGEL BEAT'S ENDING HAD TO BE THE BEST ENDING EVER. Who would have thought Otonashi and Kanade were connected all along.

Just rewatched the ending, you are right. This is what happens when I multitask, lol. I think the same thing happened to me with wolfs rain... I should probably rewatch it.
drunkenkoz
ato784 wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

it is true that they could have made it happier, but it would not have conveyed the point that they were trying to make, that everyone should not live with regrets.

You could see it that way, but unfortunately I don't. I just didn't agree with how they left him all alone at the end with no one else to look to.
loremar
drunkenkoz wrote:
ato784 wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

You could see it that way, but unfortunately I don't. I just didn't agree with how they left him all alone at the end with no one else to look to.

Obviously you didn't watched the end after the ending song where he actually move on to the next life and luckily met kanade. There was no point for him to stay in the afterlife, so he has to move on.
drunkenkoz
loremar wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:
ato784 wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Obviously you didn't watched the end after the ending song where he actually move on to the next life and luckily met kanade. There was no point for him to stay in the afterlife, so he has to move on.

Well then I'll go watch the ending song now.
mochipie
I actually really enjoyed Angel Beats. Expecially the music. I've probably played the songs at least 50 times each... My Song (from episode 2 hahaha) probably like 100 times. Guess I just really like that style of music. It was super emotional, but what do you expect otherwise from the same producers of Clannad? (Correct me if I'm wrong).
ato784
mochipie wrote:
I actually really enjoyed Angel Beats. Expecially the music. I've probably played the songs at least 50 times each... My Song (from episode 2 hahaha) probably like 100 times. Guess I just really like that style of music. It was super emotional, but what do you expect otherwise from the same producers of Clannad? (Correct me if I'm wrong).

the music was really good from angel beats. and you are correct about them being the same people who did clannad, but a TON of people worked on this show. so it would have had to have tried really hard to be bad.
donoob88
i never heard this anime until now, it should be a nice anime.. Very Happy

It is. It's now one of my favorites. Be prepared also to pour some tears because it's a very touching drama.

In fact, this is the thread which I first found out about this anime. When I watched it, I also started to watch animes back again.
ato784
loremar wrote:
donoob88 wrote:

It is. It's now one of my favorites. Be prepared also to pour some tears because it's a very touching drama.

In fact, this is the thread which I first found out about this anime. When I watched it, I also started to watch animes back again.

glad I could point you to it! it is always good to hear someone getting back into anime. Very Happy
loremar
ato784 wrote:

glad I could point you to it! it is always good to hear someone getting back into anime. Very Happy

I've watched Deathnote and Code Geass before but it's this anime that really drawn me back to the hobby. I just can't believe that for a 13-episode anime it drawn so much emotions from me. Clannad also had the same effect.
benjietimogan
who loves here myrtle from iloilo she is a cosplayer and pbb housemate
Cosmoslayer
One of the anime that made me cry. Crying or Very sad Second was when Happy of Fairy Tail meets his parents. Razz
lobokun
probably one of the anime that made me emotional towards the end. its a good anime to watch and i highly recommend it
ato784
it is quite funny how people are sad at the end of this show, when it has a happy ending.
drunkenkoz
ato784 wrote:
it is quite funny how people are sad at the end of this show, when it has a happy ending.

Yeah I didn't notice that they had the true ending implemented with the credits. You need to watch the entire ending music video in order to see him meeting Kanade again.
loremar
Why does everyone miss the ending song? I always looked forward for the ending song because it changes every episodes. Quite unique actually and you get to see a final glimpse of every character disappearing one after another.
ato784
loremar wrote:
Why does everyone miss the ending song? I always looked forward for the ending song because it changes every episodes. Quite unique actually and you get to see a final glimpse of every character disappearing one after another.

lol, probably because most people dont bother to sit through it when watching the episodes. especially now that the series is done and people want to watch more that one episode a day