FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A confusing plot of Twilight Saga - Eclipse

inuyasha
As is commonly known, Bella loves Edward, though Jacob is important, as an important friend who accompanied her and took good care of her during Edward's long-time absence.
I thought Bella just treated Jacob as a close friend until she asked Jacob not to leave, in the sacrifice of a kiss. In the eyes of a Chinese, it is not even acceptable. We won't sacrifice such things just for a friend, which may indicate disloyalty of love.

Is it different in western countries?
phantombr
I do not know if I can speak for all Latin America. But I'll talk about my point of view.
In my eyes yes, it is disloyalty.
But what I realized is that even in Eclipse Bella realized she loved Jacob more than an important friend, yet she decided to continue the love that has always existed within it consciously, which is the love for Edward.
In this case if I were Edward I also accept, as even with the small "treason", yet his love for her is endless, and that there would be too painful without her by his side.
silverdown
I try to understand this movie, i find it kind of hard actually.. maybe it's just me...
recked
Bella, knowingly that Jacob wants to kill himself because of the fact that Bella has chosen Edward because of him, kisses him because she knows she can't bear witness the fact that he'll be destroyed by the newborns.