FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I Have two Websites hosted on one account??

ankur209
I'm a having one and only one account on frihost,and with that i'm having a website hosted too..
Now i want to host another website of mine but don't want to create a new user/account for that and post topics for that to get another one...

Is it possible to have another account or domain name for my second website from this existing account.??

If yes,then how ??

How can i make forums in my website.??I mean i'm designing anothe website and want to have a menu "Forums" over there where users can discuss,post things and all...can this really happen??

how guys..??
Please help me out..? Embarassed
SonLight
You can definitely have separate areas with separate names, and there is no requirement that they be related to each other in any way. Your control panel has a section dealing with "domains" which allows setting up independent naming and options for the two (or more) sites.

The easiest way, using the default naming for frihost sites, would be to use a four-level name for each site; for example if your hosting account name were jam, then instead of naming one site jam.frihost.net, name the sites traffic.jam.frihost.net and bread.jam.frihost.net.

If you get your own domain name, then the names could be totally independent.

If you already had a site jam.frihost.net, you could add a new site traffic.jam.frihost.net. They would still function independently (and each could have forums, blogs, etc.) but because one site name is a subset of the other, it might appear to be dependent on or part of the other, even though there were no links between them.
Bondings
For forums, you can check out http://www.phpbb.com/ .

About more websites, yes that's allowed. You can add a domain if you bought one or you can create a subdomain of your subdomain as SonLight mentioned. You can also get free subdomains from a service like http://freedns.afraid.org/ and use them here.
ankur209
One more thing i would like to know is,Do Adsense Service by google acceptable on websites hosted by frihost.i mean to say will i be able to earn money if i host a website on frihost.org(domain)

or is it only for .com domains??
Crying or Very sad
sonam
ankur209 wrote:
One more thing i would like to know is,Do Adsense Service by google acceptable on websites hosted by frihost.i mean to say will i be able to earn money if i host a website on frihost.org(domain)

or is it only for .com domains??
Crying or Very sad

Yes, I have it on subdomain, but my ads get very less clicks. Sad

Sonam
ankur209
Thanx dear...I'll try my best to get the max. clicks i can..!! Laughing
k_s_baskar
ankur209 wrote:

All the best. To host multiple websites u can use addon domain feature in your control panel. (Directadmin/Cpanel). you can get free forum scripts like phpbb, Mybb and also you can find lot of adsense ready skins for these free forum script in net. Smile
zeda
k_s_baskar wrote:
ankur209 wrote:

All the best. To host multiple websites u can use addon domain feature in your control panel. (Directadmin/Cpanel). you can get free forum scripts like phpbb, Mybb and also you can find lot of adsense ready skins for these free forum script in net. Smile

Links will be usefull.

I wonder if it is possible to host 2 free accounts like co.cc in 1 user account over here.
thedinh
Quote:

I wonder if it is possible to host 2 free accounts like co.cc in 1 user account over here.

As I know is possible, i don't know exactly how many domains we can host, but tow free domain co.cc you can host on server of frihost.

On condition that you follow the rules of the TOS, and you must visit forum to post to keep your websites alive.
ankur209
How Can i get .co.cc doamin on frihost ??

or

Can i get any other domain other than frihost.org
How..??
fladry
ankur209 wrote:

or

How..??

Co.cc domains are not good as you get them only for 1 year and after that, you have to pay.
i recommend dot.tk. You can visit www.dot.tk and register there. You can get domain like www.yourname.tk for free without any ads. After entering your website name, Select "Custom Nameserver" or "Use your own nameserver" whichever it has. Enter your name server (i think ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org for you). After that, log into your frihost account(not this forum but webhosting account). In the domain management page, select "add new domain". Enter the name of the domain you just registered. Your site will be running within a hour. Whenever you need new domains, you can just log into dot.tk and register new one for you and follow the same steps in web hosting account also. You can register unlimited free domains in dot tk.
ankur209
@above

thanks a lot bro...!! That was quite good thing to share.!!

I named mmy website as ankurkumar.tk which is now easily remembered by my friends...I loved this thing...!!

is there any other domain registeration site where i can short domains like .tk

Razz Cool
Flakky
ankur209 wrote:
@above

thanks a lot bro...!! That was quite good thing to share.!!

I named mmy website as ankurkumar.tk which is now easily remembered by my friends...I loved this thing...!!

is there any other domain registeration site where i can short domains like .tk

Razz Cool
Just a small notice, your signature is outdated Wink
k_s_baskar
thedinh wrote:
Quote:

As I know is possible, i don't know exactly how many domains we can host, but tow free domain co.cc you can host on server of frihost.

On condition that you follow the rules of the TOS, and you must visit forum to post to keep your websites alive.

Unlimited domains can be hosted in single account!!!!
tomiwoj
Thanks, this was very useful. I have created my subdomain and now waiting for approval of it.
futurcat
I want to try the dot.tk. I already added a second domain to my frihost account, and that works very smoothly.
airh3ad
I have 3 websites hosted by domains you can do that also in your direct admin. look in to domain management.
andro_king
fladry wrote:
ankur209 wrote:

or

How..??

Co.cc domains are not good as you get them only for 1 year and after that, you have to pay.
i recommend dot.tk. You can visit www.dot.tk and register there. You can get domain like www.yourname.tk for free without any ads. After entering your website name, Select "Custom Nameserver" or "Use your own nameserver" whichever it has. Enter your name server (i think ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org for you). After that, log into your frihost account(not this forum but webhosting account). In the domain management page, select "add new domain". Enter the name of the domain you just registered. Your site will be running within a hour. Whenever you need new domains, you can just log into dot.tk and register new one for you and follow the same steps in web hosting account also. You can register unlimited free domains in dot tk.

thanks for the information..its really usefull..!!