FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like being grounded..

Like being grounded?
Yesh
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Naw
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

LemonMan
The reason i ask is cause my mom said she liked to get grounded, i on the other hand do not like sneaking on the computer all the time. =P I usually always get cough. But my mom seems to think that being grounded aint so bad, what do you think? Confused
ignotus
Hmm...I was having a little trouble answering this one at first. Initially I thought, "who would like being grounded?!" Then I thought, "ohh...well that whole life-lessons bit". Then, it hit me...if even there is a life lesson to be learned, being grounded isn't fun. That's like saying you prefer to be in prison as opposed to not being in prison. It's also like saying you'd like to be shot in the face instead of the foot. There are some things people will like no matter what and other things that people (in majority) won't. I'm not downing your mom, and would never consider it - she is just one of the select few that prefers something that others don't. Maybe it's a radical statement? Maybe, heh, just maybe she was trying to make you feel as though the reason why she grounds you is because she enjoys it? Maybe she was joking? I don't know...either way, it's not something I'd prefer.
Jack_Hammer
I was never grounded as a child, just beaten...
dark_paladin
As far as I can remember, I have never been grounded, so I don't know how it feel to be grounded Wink
PatTheGreat42
My parents never grounded me. This is mostly because I never go anywhere. I am a sad, sad, lonely man, with only my computer for company.

Would anyone be interested in a quite hansom male computer geek in the East Coast area?
irish_18
I don't like being grounded, especially in the "phone".. I experienced that one time.. I am grounded for only three days Wink good thing it wasn't that long.
dan751
Let me think long and hard about this... <not even a split second goes by..> NO!! ABSOLUTELY NOT! I hate being grounded. It absolutely sucks being grounded.
izcool
I've been grounded once in my entire life. I consider myself lucky as a lot of kids at my school have parents who ground them all the time with tight restrictions.

If I ever do get grounded and sent up to my room, I shouldn't really care as that's where I spend most of my time lol. On my computers doing something online lol.

- Mike.
Monkeydog
I am rarely ever grounded,cause I don't act like a fool...but I do talk back a lot...my mom kind of grounded me now,I can't do much until all my makeup work is done v-v
the666bbq
it has been decades since I was grounded the last time... and I'm a newly "thirty-something" clubmember. The only one grounded will be my (unborn) son or daughter, and she will be grounded at the least possible occasion. I was not grounded a lot but I believe it will give me great satisfaction grounding my kid(s). Maybe we will have a "grounded-day", a special day in the month where we ground the kids without any reason, in their beds without food, no TV for the rest of the week - that seems jolly fun to me.
Hmm, the more I think of it, the more i want kids.... where the misses when you need her Wink
baxcb020
being grounded is well shitakie mushrooms, but as long as u have food water and your trusty games console u can be as grounded as long as possibe, and if ur comp is in your room like mine u can go on msn and still interact with ur m8s (yay).

the worst bit thoe is the desison of when to say sorry or beg to go out. Very Happy
FADED
Honestly, I have never been grounded in my whole life, mostly because my mom believes in self-motivation, and that I should figure stuff out for myself since it's my own life.

I don't think it would matter even if she grounded me, because she would just make me go to my room, which I am in most of my time, along with my computer and comics and notebooks, heh. Smile
nik
when i was smaller i never got grounded i gess my mom dont' belive in that... now when i think about it the only thing my mom ever did to me that i consider bad is to tell me stories that what I did is wrong and so on...

now it's kinda to late I am free to do whatever i wish as long as it not illegal and she know where and with who i am...
LuiS_J
grounded??/ well my mom stop grounding me until i was 11 .. so i really forgot how it was but ... nop.. Very Happy Very Happy
threezeroone
I haven't experience being grounded.
Piotrek
i think everyone here don't like be grounded, becouse they can't post and earn points Wink
TimsJugling
LemonMan wrote:
The reason i ask is cause my mom said she liked to get grounded, i on the other hand do not like sneaking on the computer all the time. =P I usually always get cough. But my mom seems to think that being grounded aint so bad, what do you think? Confused

I totally agree on that one with you. but one problem, I clicked yes on the poll. I thought it said do you hate being grounded. and I cant take back my vote! so whatever the overall votes are just take one off yes and add it to no.
jongoldsz
I was never grounded, and I hope it will stay that way.
falconfx
My parents never grounded me. By the way, I wouldn't like being grounded. Very Happy
Brolly
never been grounded and never will.
osssa-cmw
are you a retard.....who the ****** likes being grounded.....honestly what a dumb question
osssa-cmw
yo.....u prolly wack off when your grounded
windrei
sorry, can anyone tell me what is the meaning of being "grounded"... ?

my english is not so good. i tried to look in dictionary but i could not find what do you guys mean....'' '''
criticaldensity
grounded ? How old are ye?
Nameless
I've never been grounded, but I wouldn't really care at all. My parents complain about me NOT wanting to leave the house, or even my own bedroom. A punishment for me would be not being able to be stuck in my room.
tribe
I was grounded a few times back in the day. I was the good boy. I had 3 brothers and 2 sisters and compared to all them; I was a PRINCE.

Even when I was grounded it usually made me a better kid because I knew not to do it again; and I could see my siblings get in trouble by it so I'd be all happy.
shadows
thats a good question really;
in one case - i dont like it at all, is so boring that you dont do anything, no computer, no TV, no friends...
in the other case - that helps you to improve your behaviour, to be a better person... Rolling Eyes

by the way, thats just a suposision, coz i never was grounded. at least that i remember Wink
Piotrek
windrei wrote:
sorry, can anyone tell me what is the meaning of being "grounded"... ?

my english is not so good. i tried to look in dictionary but i could not find what do you guys mean....'' '''

for example : you are banned for computer, going to friedns, etc. for long time (couple days, or weeks)
windrei
Piotrek wrote:
for example : you are banned for computer, going to friedns, etc. for long time (couple days, or weeks)

oh, i got what you mean.

Oh, such things never happen to me. i don't like my father so we never talk to each other, and he does not care anything about me. About my mother, she has great confidence on me and give me extreme freedom. i can do whatever i like ~~ haha, that's why i don't know what this word mean.