FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

recked
They just released Avatar yet again into movie theaters. The only difference is the fact that they added 10 minutes to the movie. I really think this is a marketing scheme because with the amount of money the first Avatar movie made, they really thought that re-releasing this would bring in more money. They should of just added it into the DVD. It's a waste of time and expensive to actually watch it again just for an extra ten minutes. Shocked
tdossi
Hello, have you seen the 10 minutes already? Sears it to see the movie again? What's new? Greeting tdossi
r4inm4ker
I'd love to watch it again on Cinema, but not so my girlfriend, so maybe we'll pass this one Smile.
Except there's something special in the extra 10 minutes Smile.
Dunno, maybe she'll change her mind and agree to have another time watching the the blue guys and girls :p
ato784
That is crazy that they would release it in theaters again just for that, I mean come on at least give 20 minutes of new footage. Ten is just not worth it. however an alternate ending might be...
metalfreek
Actually this is a first time i have heard about releasing a movie again after adding some more. What a waste. What are they trying to do? I will never go to the cinema to watch this movie.
tdossi
For November this long version is also re-released on DVD and Blu-ray. The first release contained only the normal theatrical version - to the annoyance of many fans without any additional material. However, let Fox Home Entertainment and James Cameron himself shortly after release in last December announced the publication of this version. This version will include many extras in addition to six minutes longer version of the film, which is included on the authority of Cameron numerous new SFX-shots which currently sits at Peter Jackson's New Zealand special effects company WETA.
recked
It is not doing well back in the theaters. I wouldn't want to spend an extra 10.oo to watch just a short 10 minute clip.
phantombr
When I watched the movie Avatar in the cinema, I was sure there was a hole in a certain scene ... and if I remember correctly, I read somewhere on the internet that really a part of the film was purposely excluded from the movie version to be included as "bonus" in blu ray / dvd
tdossi
Hi,
I have only seen the original film.
I am not abe aufgefllen that something is missing
You have to watch the movie well again, to see what is now more.
Greeting tdossi.
rayxzero
I'm starting to watch the animation avatar last air bender and it is very different from the movies in terms of character.
menino
Well, i recently borrowed a torrent downloaded for avatar and watched it, and I enjoyed it.
So when the torrent arrives for the 10 minute extra, I'll watch that again. Laughing

But I'm sure that once it is released, the extra 10 minutes will turn up on youtube, so you probably don't have to go to cinema to rewatch it agai, unless your a die-hard fan of avatar.
snowboardalliance
Yeah, this is definitely a way to make extra money.

I can see them doing it for a DVD release of some sort (very common). But going back to theaters is just rediculous
phantombr
Recently, more or less a week, returned on display at the cinema here in my town the movie, and set "special edition" but there is nothing in the description that says what is special, the summary is just the same. Do not know if can suddenly be with these 10 minutes of extras.
Navigator
Ten minutes extra on a 3 hour movie, its like having 3 seconds extra of lap dance.
nikjerry
Well, I have read this all of the stuff and would like to say you that Avatar has made $2.6 billion internationally, with the biggest part of the gross coming from 3D and Imax tickets. Just you have to keep an eye on this space for a re-release date.
alugueldelanchaangra
I do not pay to see a movie again just because of 10 minutes