FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CdburnerXp

milleja46
I just happened accross cdburner trying to figure out how to burn the newest version of ubuntu to a disk. I thought the process it used was very quick, and effective.

Link- http://www.cdburnerxp.se/en/download

What do you think?
welshsteve
I agree. I've used this program for sometime now and it's very easy to use, quick, and for a free app, extremely powerful. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a free alternative to paid for programs such as Nero.
weableandbob
I currently use Img Burn. Do you know how it compares to that?
william
ImgBurn is generally a bit faster than CDBurnerXP and it's also a smaller application. On the flip side, CDBurnerXP is more intuitive and easier to use. Most people I know had difficulty figuring out how to use ImgBurn at first until they went to their website and read the guides. Once they got it figured out, it was usually smooth sailing, but there were still some unintuitive bits, especially when it came to adding files. With CDBurnerXP, these problems are nonexistent. It's simple and makes sense to most. Also, while I haven't had this problem, a few people have had issues with CDBurnerXP making a disc (mostly audio CDs) where the disk simply wouldn't work in a stereo. However, they then try ImgBurn and everything is fine. So in a nutshell, CDBurnerXP is a lot easier to use and much more intuitive but ImgBurn, from a technical standpoint, is a bit better being faster and less prone to making bad discs.

Personally, I use CDBurnerXP. I downloaded it when I was looking for an ISO burning application and never looked back. It's always gotten the job done for me, but if it were to cause any troubles, I will turn to ImgBurn.
Abhishukla
NICE WEBSITE.
BUT I USE UNIBOOT SOFTWARE TO MAKE MY PENDRIVE BOOTABLE.
milleja46
why would you want a bootable usb? unless you can afford one of those expensive larger than 4gb ones...since the only good usbs, that are over 4gb cost alot money....and 4gb is not enough for a bootable usb...
AftershockVibe
I always use ISORecorder. Just does exactly what it says on the tin.
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
tamilparks
in XP without cd burnet we can write the files... using copy files to CD drive
Marcuzzo
milleja46 wrote:
why would you want a bootable usb? unless you can afford one of those expensive larger than 4gb ones...since the only good usbs, that are over 4gb cost alot money....and 4gb is not enough for a bootable usb...

You can get a 4Gig sub flash drive for less then 10€... Wink
tamilparks
without spending this we can write using windows xp with free of cost
driftingfe3s
weableandbob wrote:
I currently use Img Burn. Do you know how it compares to that?

I use Img Burn too. It small, lightweight, and fast.