FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need Help: Nokia N97, N97 mini or X6

What is Better ?
Nokia X6 (16 gb)
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Nokia N97
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Nokia N97 mini
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Rajiev
I'm Going to Buy a New Phone. but cant Decide What to choose.

After Considering a lot of things, I have Boiled down to

1. Nokia X6 16gb
2. Nokia N97
3. Nokia N97 mini

But when I search the net, All the three phones have issues and users were complaining about them.

I was fixed on Nokia X6 but I'm worried to just to have a on screen keypad cos of the issues users are having with the touch phones of Nokia :S

Please help me guys. First hand experience is much appreciated Smile
pll
Well, Though I never used those phones I'd go with the X6 16 gb because :

-The browser supports HTML, XHTML
-There's a real GPS
-There's ''Flight Mode'' (the N97 doesn't have it, and I find it useful I don't know for you(
-There's an additional camera (front, for video calling)

I don't know if you use these stuff but there is a lot of things in my list that I would use everyday (GPS, Flight Mode) and it seems to be more fun to browse internet with the X6.
Plaintiff
i prefer the n97, simply menu, qwerty keyboard what more?

Quote:
-There's ''Flight Mode'' (the N97 doesn't have it, and I find it useful I don't know for you(

In most planes isn't flight mode even allowed

So i don't think thats a reason for the X6 16 GB
mukesh
Nokia N97 is perfect for me i donot knowledge about other both.
Rajiev
pll wrote:
Well, Though I never used those phones I'd go with the X6 16 gb because :

-The browser supports HTML, XHTML
-There's a real GPS
-There's an additional camera (front, for video calling)

I don't know if you use these stuff but there is a lot of things in my list that I would use everyday (GPS, Flight Mode) and it seems to be more fun to browse internet with the X6.

Other than the Flight Mode ( which I don't know of existence for sure) All the other features are in all those three phones. :S

those three phones have virtually the same hardware and software except for the available storage capacity.

What I really Worried about Nokia X6 is that can you just live with its touch keypad ???
Rajiev
Well, I went for a Nokia X6 - 16GB Navi Basically cos

1. I'm Worried of the sliding mechanisms of phones and usually prefers candy bar form factor over any other
2. Price is considerably lover despite of having the same hardware (other than the hardware keyboard)
3. The phone is New

I Have no MAJOR complains over the the design of having used it for around one months. the definitely lived up to my exactions other than the camera. I'm to see any real advantages over my previous S.E. K770i 3.2 MP and this 5.0mp camera Surprised
BUT

* There should be more utility software for sure. damn Nokia dont use their hardware to the fullest.
for example, there is the flash but I cant use it as a torch Mad
There is no touch unlock .. etc

PS: on the second week, My Nokia X6 mic stopped working. I guess that pure bad luck and evil eye of someone :p (just a $7 repair)
Flakky
Rajiev wrote:

1. I'm Worried of the sliding mechanisms of phones and usually prefers candy bar form factor over any other
2. Price is considerably lover despite of having the same hardware (other than the hardware keyboard)
3. The phone is New

I Have no MAJOR complains over the the design of having used it for around one months. the definitely lived up to my exactions other than the camera. I'm to see any real advantages over my previous S.E. K770i 3.2 MP and this 5.0mp camera Surprised
BUT

* There should be more utility software for sure. damn Nokia dont use their hardware to the fullest.

PS: on the second week, My Nokia X6 mic stopped working. I guess that pure bad luck and evil eye of someone :p (just a $7 repair)

You can use it as a torch. If I remember correctly it runs on Symbian S60. Go to the Ovi store and search for Strobe Wink
Rajiev
Flakky wrote:
Rajiev wrote:

3. The phone is New

BUT

You can use it as a torch. If I remember correctly it runs on Symbian S60. Go to the Ovi store and search for Strobe Wink

thanks flakky.

I found a one or two apps that allows the handset to be used as a torch.

but hello, How hard is it for Nokia to pre-install that in the handset when i buy it. Every Sony Ericsson (which has a flash) has the feature built in. Why can't Nokia ???

And Another disappointing thing is that Nokia X6 don't have a backup battery Surprised. So every time you change the SIM / battery, you have to set time and date X(

And don't make me start on USB charging :p

My Point is Nokia should STOP thinking like Microsoft. because they are not and they wont be. Others are too close and Nokia is too close to loosing the battle (if not already :p )
Flakky
Rajiev wrote:

thanks flakky.

I found a one or two apps that allows the handset to be used as a torch.

but hello, How hard is it for Nokia to pre-install that in the handset when i buy it. Every Sony Ericsson (which has a flash) has the feature built in. Why can't Nokia ???

And Another disappointing thing is that Nokia X6 don't have a backup battery Surprised. So every time you change the SIM / battery, you have to set time and date X(

And don't make me start on USB charging :p

My Point is Nokia should STOP thinking like Microsoft. because they are not and they wont be. Others are too close and Nokia is too close to loosing the battle (if not already :p )

My N97 Mini has a battery backup. USB charging is fine, my cellphone prompts me what to do but if I ignore that it recharges without any hassle.

I think the reason why Nokia has no torch function is because Nokia targets the business man. One who probably doesn't care about torches or finds it another useless function which clogs his cellphone and makes it harder to use.

I'm happy that I got it Smile
Rajiev
As I found out lately, chargin without confirmation or no option to turn charging can have its cons.

one is that batteries have a limited life cycle. So it ages every time you charge, regardless of how much you charge. So if you can't turn the USB charging feature off, Every time you connect your phone to a PC, it'll start charging. Hence a loose a one charging circle of its life Surprised So as you can see, anything without control is bad

BUT, this is no excuse for Nokia to exclude this feature off its high end phones. my Sony Ericsson phone which was wasy more cheap than my X6 had a nice set of features. It can be configured either to charge off USB or NOT to charge.

Another thing is that every USB hub do not have the joose to charge a phone off it Sad So connecting your phone toa USB port whichc cannot give sufficient current can't be good. Some phones indicate its charging and keeps on charging for ever.

Another thing I found lately is that there are universal USB chargers. Its Cheap, around 5 US $.
sansam
Thanks for sharing...