You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Code Geass (R1 & R2): Is Lelouch Dead?

Is Lelouch Lamperouge/vi Britannia dead?
 14%  [ 1 ]
 57%  [ 4 ]
Open ended.
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

I'm probably going to get completely reamed out over asking this question, but... if there are frihoster's who watch anime, and are willing to search for a conclusive answer for this question, I'd love to hear your explanations and opinions.

I just finished watching both R1 and R2 of Code Geass today. I have to say, its the most fantastic anime series I've ever watched, period. Nothing compares. Death Note comes close, but, seriously, nothing compares.

So. Pressing question:

Is Lelouch dead? Prove it. (Or say it's open ended).

I personally think the author left the series open ended. I think that C2's contract not being fulfilled means that Lelouch (or someone else) should have to end it. And it wouldn't be difficult for the very resourceful Emperor of Britannia to fake his own death (even where Kururugi is concerned). And I'm really really hoping that they continue the series with the same main character. I honestly don't give a crap about closure; Lelouch was awesome. You can't top a main character like that.

So what do you think?
I say Lelouch should be dead because it just has to end. If R3 was to be out, I'd like to see a new main character. I doubt it though, the anime was great, but great things must end. Otherwise they end up turning into a Dragon Ball Z or something where it's just dragged on with fillers and such that the whole anime becomes less appealing to watch.
Based on the last scene where C.C. is in the back of a carriage. She was talking to the driver which might be Lelouch. Or she's gone bonkers and talking to herself. I can say that the author left this open ended in case he wants to write more.
That's really what I'm hoping for... Anyone know anything about the supposed third arc of Code Geass? Is there going to be a continuation with the same characters?
Open ended.
ProfessorY91 wrote:
That's really what I'm hoping for... Anyone know anything about the supposed third arc of Code Geass? Is there going to be a continuation with the same characters?
I had no idea there was supposed to be a third "arc." I thought season 2 was the last; most anime seasons show up within a year within each other... some exceptions obviously--OVAs don't count.
It's definitely left up to the reader, which is.. I guess the safest way for Sunrise to have ended it. Definitely the most controversy-stirring, and thus probably money-earning solution for them.

I think he did die though. Otherwise all those tears would have been for nothing. Neutral
is up to the reading .. but i feel that he is not dead i believe he acquired his dad geass and made lulu immortal
I agree with you. Code Geass is indeed my favorite anime of all time. Well, I think Lelouch is already dead. He should be. Because that is what he aims for; that his death becomes the life of Britannia. Code Geass is anime full of allegories. An anime worth watching.