FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Names

Jack_Hammer
I saw a user today with the screename of 'Fanny' and I find that very offencive, is the anything or is it me?
Jack_Hammer
(To any americans that are reading this and think I'm being stupid as to the meaning of this word as someones bottom, I am not stupid in thinking this as I am english and out definition of the word is different to yours), thought I might make things clear incase an american reads this and thinks either I'm a bit fragile or just a bit stupid...
Wink
Phil
I don't think your stupid, but here in the states, I have known a couple of girls whose honest-to-God name was Fanny.
By the way, what makes it so offensive to you?
dan751
I also don't consider you stupid. I'm not American, rather Canadian, but I never knew what the word meant before. And besides, I consider everyone to be smart untill proven otherwise.Smile

-edit-
I guess I still don't know what the word means..
Bondings
In Belgium, the name Fanny is frequently given to girls. It's not very popular though. I don't think it's meant to be offensive.
Jack_Hammer
I guess I was so cought up I forgot that Fanny is a name, I just missed it on that area, I just find it a bit offensive because of what it means over here.
Wikipeadia wrote:
British English sexual slang word for the female genitalia (perhaps a corruption of the word vagina).
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
In Belgium, the name Fanny is frequently given to girls. It's not very popular though. I don't think it's meant to be offensive.

I thought it was a girls' name too....Maybe, lets see if "Fanny" is a "she".
SharKay
WOW , I can't believe that someone would get offened by the name Fanny. After I just read some posting with offensive lanuage in it. If you use bad lanuage that becomes offensive to others, but for the most part people do not care, they normaly say what they want and care very little about what someone else feels.
But to be offended by a name...

This is a name.. Rolling Eyes
Barbra Streisand in....

Funny Girl (1968) .... Fanny Brice

The life of comedienne Fannie Brice, from her early days in the Jewish slums of the Lower East Side...