FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to take care of our throat?

nigam
does anyone share or give me some ideas on what herbals or vitamins for my throat? one time, i have pharyngitis and i went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics....i don't like taking antibiotics...i would rather take herbal medicines...would somebody share or give me what herbal to take? is ginger okay?
jwellsy
If it's bad enough you went to the Dr and he gave you meds. You probably need them. At this point you should go ahead and take it.

Before singing, giving a speech or narrating a video you can lubricate your throat with hot lemon water with a squirt of honey in it or suck on a Fisherman's Friend lozenge.

They used to make something called Aspergum that worked great for a sore throat. Now days you can get low dose chewable aspirin (like children's aspirin) and either dissolve it in water and sip it slowly/gargle or just let it melt near the sore spot.

But, that's treating the symptom. The antibiotics from the Dr is treating the cause to hopefully prevent it from becoming worse.
Cliffer
some chinese herbs medicines can protect throat,i know one of the ingredients is taken from watermelon,or from loquat fruit.
nigam
jwellsy....thanks for the tip....i did take the antibiotics from the doctor but if it happens again, i would rather take herbal medicines...okay, i will try hot lemon water with honey...i hope this will help for me...
a friend of mine, advised me too that honey combined with apple cider...though i haven't tried that one yet...i better try hot lemon with honey first....

cliffer....does watermelon protect from sore throat or pharyngitis?mine is pharyngitis...so, i gonna try eat lots of watermelon too... thanks a lot Smile
yagnyavalkya
warm Salt water gargling
nigam
thanks...i have been feeling better now....i used warm water to gargle every morning...from now on, i have to protect my throat from this sickness....
menino
Yes, I used warm water with honey and lemon, and it made my throat better.

You also can try strepsils or vicks cough drops which soothe your throat.

Get well soon.
nigam
thanks man, i am better now....what i do now is to care my throat my drinking lots of water everyday and every lunch time...i ate sea weeds with vinegar and tomatoes...a friend of mine advised me too..so it helps me a lot so that i can prevent it from now on... Smile
deanhills
nigam wrote:
thanks man, i am better now....what i do now is to care my throat my drinking lots of water everyday and every lunch time...i ate sea weeds with vinegar and tomatoes...a friend of mine advised me too..so it helps me a lot so that i can prevent it from now on... Smile
What kind of seaweeds did you use, and do you have a recipe for the dish? Sounds really very healthy. What kind of vinegar did you use?
Helios
If I have a sore throat I usually gurgle salty water, take Lemocin/Strepsils tablets and the following mix of vitamins and minerals: Viruton Forte, 500mg vitamin C from Solgar. In addition, water, water, water and more water.

That helps a lot. Even when I had a serious microbe it took the pain away in a about a week or two.
Klaw 2
Firstly prevention is the best cure. Make sure you eat the right food enough/not too much. Also some sport will help your imune system. In other words just be healthy and it goes a far way.

When you do get sore throat;
Drinking certain thea might help some people it doesn't really cure but it alleviates the pain. A Strepsil might help too. All herbal stuff doesn't uctually help more than normal thea or vitamins, but it doesn't hurt either altough it might alleviate the pain
Also try also to talk as little as possible.

Things that really help are painkillers if those don't work you can go to your doctor for something stronger like ibuprofen or diclofenac.

If you often have a sore throat you might consult with a doctor about that. He might suggest to that you should remove your tonsil.
deanhills
I personally believe in taking echinacea drops. I only take them when I think there is something brewing. I also take massive doses of Vitamin C, but also only for the duration of the symptoms. I usually take neat powder ascorbic acid in neat water (one teaspoon, which is approx 5000mg Vit C). Quite sour, but a nice aftertaste. If I can't get hold of the latter, I take the efferfescent ones like Cal C Vita, but two at a time, maybe three times a day. If one has a sensitive stomach however, it may create less than desirable results, so people who are not used to Vitamin C should start on much smaller doses first like just a tip of a teaspoon, or just one efferfescent tablet a day.
stephenpolicia234
If you want to care your throat so throat care with natural way including water, honey, vegetable glycerine, natural lemon flavor, at least one of liquefied slippery elm and liquefied marshmallow root, grape seed extract and malic acid.
kitsrock
I recently started tutoring, and I found myself talking more and teaching more hours than I had originally thought. While my wallet is happy, (err.. more like less sad.. but I digress) my throat isn't.

Will hot lemon water+honey or Fisherman's Friend help my throat in this situation?
Bikerman
Hot lemon and honey works for me - and depending on how bad the class was, a nip of whisky in as well Smile
kitsrock
Yeah. After some classes, I definitely feel like I need a drink. I find myself hoarse because some kids can be extremely unruly and I have to talk pretty loud just to hold their attention.

I guess Fisherman's Friend is now my friend too.
nigam
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:
What kind of seaweeds did you use, and do you have a recipe for the dish? Sounds really very healthy. What kind of vinegar did you use?

its like a roots but smooth to eat. we called it "guso seaweed" you can search that...and yes, it is truly very healthy. every 5 am. i woke up and eat it without any ingredients or condiments. i just chew it. now, i can sense that my throat is really okay....with the help of course of the apple cider then mix with honey in lukewarm water.

Also, for the side dish of "guso seaweed", you can mix it with tomatoes cut not so small. then the onions and ginger cut into very small and tiny pieces, you can add vinegar (anything) with salt. and for the "guso" boil a water then pour it to make it soften. remove the boil water then mix the all together. hope this will help.
deanhills
nigam wrote:
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:

its like a roots but smooth to eat. we called it "guso seaweed" you can search that...and yes, it is truly very healthy. every 5 am. i woke up and eat it without any ingredients or condiments. i just chew it. now, i can sense that my throat is really okay....with the help of course of the apple cider then mix with honey in lukewarm water.

Also, for the side dish of "guso seaweed", you can mix it with tomatoes cut not so small. then the onions and ginger cut into very small and tiny pieces, you can add vinegar (anything) with salt. and for the "guso" boil a water then pour it to make it soften. remove the boil water then mix the all together. hope this will help.
It does help Nigam, thanks very much. I brought a lot of dried seaweed with me from Thailand, so will boil it like you suggested first, and then mix it with all of the other ingredients for a side dish. The 5 a.m. session that you have, do you combine the guso seaweed with the apple cider vinegar and honey, or do you consume it separately? Smile
nigam
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:

It does help Nigam, thanks very much. I brought a lot of dried seaweed with me from Thailand, so will boil it like you suggested first, and then mix it with all of the other ingredients for a side dish. The 5 a.m. session that you have, do you combine the guso seaweed with the apple cider vinegar and honey, or do you consume it separately? Smile

yes....i consume it separately..the 5 am session is fresh..i just washed and chew it...for the apple cider and honey, i usually take it 2 or 3 times a day after my meals. If sometimes apple cider is not available in the market, i replace it with lemon and honey...this is very very healthy. i always find myself urinating Smile it seems all the excess fats and oils remove in my body. Also, pharyngitis is no longer keep coming back. when i touched my neck and everytime i swallow my food, the lymph node is gone. so i am very glad and happy that i finally find solutions. i will no longer take antibiotics Smile
the_crystalguy
there could be one of the two reasons behind your throat soring/ itching or irritation
    cold
    hot

if the reason is cold then yo can take ginger type things which can make your stomach and body warm. but if the reason is flue or hot inner or outer conditions then you should avoid to take any other hot herb like ginger.
i had been suffering from throat soring since my childhood my mother took me to a number of doctors every one gave me a lot of antibiotic medicine but my pain was getting worse. finally i have got a doctor he checked my throat and told that my stomach is so much warm up and burning therefore i have many large burns in my throat. he gave me medicine to normalize my stomach acidity and i got rid of my throat soring.

i will suggest you to take a small onion and without washing or rinsing it ,peel and cut it and eat it in small slices you will feel increased itching for half minute and then you will start feeling better it will work for you like an anti allergic but will not harm your any other stomach!

Smile
macky
i always encountered sore throat/throat irritation it is because of drinking cold water whenever i get

thirsty, i eat a lot of sweet candies and chocolate after eating of those without drinking any water or

liquid... if you are going to take an antibiotics make sure that you will take it for one week two times per

day as prescribed by the doctor... ginger is good also it is a big help to relieved the irritated throat...
obamacs
my throat is terrible in winter ,i think drink more tea maybe is good idea
uzeed
HE wrote here that:

If it's bad enough you went to the Dr and he gave you meds. You probably need them. At this point you should go ahead and take it.

Before singing, giving a speech or narrating a video you can lubricate your throat with hot lemon water with a squirt of honey in it or suck on a Fisherman's Friend lozenge.

They used to make something called Aspergum that worked great for a sore throat. Now days you can get low dose chewable aspirin (like children's aspirin) and either dissolve it in water and sip it slowly/gargle or just let it melt near the sore spot.

But, that's treating the symptom. The antibiotics from the Dr is treating the cause to hopefully prevent it from becoming worse.
Many shall be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Matthew 24:10
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality. Dante & MLK 4/30/67.

That is true.
yagnyavalkya
The majority sore throats are owing to viral upper respiratory tract infections. Group A β-hemolytic streptococci (GABHS), the only widespread cause of sore throat deserving antibiotics, is cultured in 5% to 17% of adults in the midst of sore throat. The incidence of antibiotic utilization for pharyngitis has very much gone beyond the pervasiveness of GABHS, but a smaller amount is recognized about precise classes of antibiotics used. Only penicillin and erythromycin are recommended as first-line antibiotics against GABHS.
mengshi200
You can try this way Surprisedn the moring,ginger+brown sugar+water and boiling to drink.
nigam
2 weeks ago, i had pharyngitis and tonsilitis again!!! been suffering after my tooth extracted...its like i carried it for 3 weeks already treating it with lemon and honey only but it didn't worked anymore....that is why, i decided to go to my doctor and he gave me antibiotics...i really hate it...but i took his advice to drink those medicines....
tomisme
yagnyavalkya wrote:
warm Salt water gargling

I use that many years before sleeping. That really works for me. It's just that simple.
mengshi200
A Chinese doctor suggested me we should take care of our throat according to different seasons.

For example,in autumn we would better eat some pear against dry.

In winter ought to eat light avoiding eating too much spicy food and also to take a scarf when u are outdoor to keep your neck warm,esp for women.

(Tomorrow777)
Michealwolf
I think that ginger tea is best for throat pain.. Because ginger tea has some anti-inflammatory nutritional values those are really good in control and healing infection ..