FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cloud Service Text editors and IDEs (and image editors)

snowboardalliance
So a while back I found Bespin. Seemed like a cool concept at the time, although I never really used it other than to try it out.

Recently I'm hearing more and more about similar websites offering this functionality.
Examples:
Code Run
PHP Anywhere
JS Fiddle (not exactly the same)

And then there are so many more image editors I can find:
Darkroom
Pixlr
Sumo Paint
Sketchpad

So does anyone use these types of websites or know of other similar ones? What are your experiences?

I imagine they have the advantage of working on any computer with internet, but the disadvantage that you need to have an internet connection. And I could see this working well for teams of developers.

EDIT:
Other suggestions:
Kodingen
Jean-Clod
You got it with the advantage. The disadvantage isn't really one. You know, computers without internet access? That's so 2000! Laughing

But there's another one I really like. Kodingen. It really ROCKS. Try it! I love it.
Abhishukla
dear friend ..
you have collected the very nice list of websites which are used to run the code .
this websites really helps a lot to solve the problem.
mgeek
I checked out the websites you listed. I've never heard of those sites before, and they look promising. Thanks for the post.
snowboardalliance
Jean-Clod wrote:
You got it with the advantage. The disadvantage isn't really one. You know, computers without internet access? That's so 2000! Laughing.

I mean I can think of a few cases, but they probably aren't all the common if you want to program (for instance riding in a car, airplane, etc. and you don't pay for the way overpriced wireless data plans)

But I agree that it's easy to have internet access 99% of the time if you live in a well-populated area.

So do you actually use Kodigen?
I'm really curious what people's experiences are with these web-based IDEs