FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Study in USA

fladry
Which is the best university for studying computer science in USA? Stanford?
hunnyhiteshseth
I guess that would depend n what speacialization you want to study. But still if I have to say I would say Berkeley.
jwellsy
The University of Illinois has been on the cutting edge of computer technology development for a long time.
HAL in the movie 2001 was built at UI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_9000
The first web browser was developed at UI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_(web_browser)
The National Center for Supercomputing Application is at UI.
NCSA just built a 300,000 core supercomputer named Blue Waters and they are in-line for funding of the next generation of HPC.
http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/BlueWaters/system.html
hunnyhiteshseth
By the way, how can we forget MIT!!
fladry
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
I guess that would depend n what speacialization you want to study. But still if I have to say I would say Berkeley.

I want to study Computer software- Undergraduate course.
fladry
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

How hard is it to get graduate admission in cs in MIT?
metalfreek
fladry wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

How hard is it to get graduate admission in cs in MIT?

It will be really really hard especially for students who don't have English as mother tongue.
fladry
For indian system of education, how is the mark of grade 12 calculated? they average the mark of 11 and 12 or they look only at the grade 12 marks?
pll
As we speak about good computer schools in the US, I'd like to find one in Telecommunications (Wireless) specialization?

Is the MIT good in this domain ?

I know I'll need to work hard to get there but that's one of my dream
fladry
Do anybody know what percentage is recommended in grade 12 to get admission in good universities in usa and canada?
ltm0807
thank you for your suggestion, I really appreciate them, they are very useful for me. I will find information about these university
pll
fladry wrote:
Do anybody know what percentage is recommended in grade 12 to get admission in good universities in usa and canada?

Here in Canada (Quebec Province) I'd say go to USA before, you'll get better education but here it should be kinda easy to come.
fladry
I've heard that university of georgia is comparatively easier to get admission on. Do anybody have idea of that? I found it's also a bit cheaper(or better say less-expensive) than other universities.
hunnyhiteshseth
fladry wrote:
For indian system of education, how is the mark of grade 12 calculated? they average the mark of 11 and 12 or they look only at the grade 12 marks?

I do not know if you need this info now or not. But, in India you only look at marks of grade 12. This is because grade 12 exam is standardized while for grade 11 each school conducts its own exam.
saivachan
Schools in the USA makes it easy to review university and college programs across the United States from one source.

how to cut your own hair | minecraft for free
c'tair
http://www.lindventures.com/blog/2012/01/13/mba-or-learn-to-code/

Remember - having a diploma is only part of the equation. Actually knowing how to code is much better than just having a piece of paper. Sure, both are handy but imho, knowing how to code will land you enough job opportunities without the whole school hassle.