FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Visual Basic 6 vs Visual Basic 2010

k_s_baskar
I am using Visual Basic version 6 for programming in my pc with 1Ghz processor and 512 mb DDR Ram in windows xp(sp2) platform. Can i able try visual basic 2010 in my system without distrubing existing vb6 ?
Navigator
I had for a while vb6 and vb2003 working along without a problem. Give it a try, or use a virtual machine to host either programs.
k_s_baskar
Navigator wrote:
I had for a while vb6 and vb2003 working along without a problem. Give it a try, or use a virtual machine to host either programs.

Thanks for your suggestion. Is winxp(sp2),512 mb Ram is enough for visual basic 2010 Question
fladry
I think visual basic 6 can fit with any other versions of visual basic. I use it with visual studio 2005 and i have no problems.
k_s_baskar
Yes. I its working fine after upgrading some patches for winxp. Now i am running vb6 and 2010 without any confilit.
Smile
Asafe
You can.
Abhishukla
dear friend.
if you will try to run vb2010 on 1GHz CPU and on 512RAM then it will not run properly and it gives some error msgs and your system will hang up.
so it is better you dnt try it.
k_s_baskar
Abhishukla wrote:
dear friend.
if you will try to run vb2010 on 1GHz CPU and on 512RAM then it will not run properly and it gives some error msgs and your system will hang up.
so it is better you dnt try it.

It's dual core processor with 1Ghz and i just upgrade to 1GB DDR2. Is it is Okey?
ankur209
Visual Basic 6.0 was much better than VB 2010.... Confused
k_s_baskar
ankur209 wrote:

Yes. I accept it. visual studio 2010 needs lot of Hardware resources.
welshsteve
I used visual basic 6 for years and have never got into 2010 or .NET
chiwanpark
sure. but VB 2010 has many differences from VB 6
so you have to consider this points.
rjraaz
ankur209 wrote:

VB 2010 is more advanced than VB 6.0 and designed by and considering the popularity of .NET it will be very useful for those who are fully concentrated on .NET
silverdown
I like them both but VB6 seems to be my favorite one out of the bunch, VB2010 ant that bad either but i am use to VB6
qskk1986
k_s_baskar wrote:
I am using Visual Basic version 6 for programming in my pc with 1Ghz processor and 512 mb DDR Ram in windows xp(sp2) platform. Can i able try visual basic 2010 in my system without distrubing existing vb6 ?

maybe you cannot..
Zenk
VB6 = good for making viruses etc
VB.NET = good for everything else
k_s_baskar
Zenk wrote:
VB6 = good for making viruses etc
VB.NET = good for everything else

do you mean vb6 is only good for making viruses ??!!! if so i don't agree with you.
flamepjlh
k_s_baskar wrote:

If you use the new version of VB, there may be some problem when you want to transfer your old project to the new one.

I'd preffer visual basic 2010. But it is too large to me.

Embarassed