FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Push email for computer, not mobile device

rjraaz
I am wondering if there is any way to get push email on a computer, not a
mobile device. I know devices like BlackBerrys or iPhones can receive push
email, but I'm wondering if it exists for computers as well. Despite all my
searching, I have not been able to find out if something like an Outlook
client can receive push email from an Exchange server. It surprises me, but
my searching leads me to believe that certain mobile devices are capable of
more modern email services than computers.

Thank you,
badai
the point of push e-mail is the alternative of checking in certain interval to save you battery, that is why it only exist in mobile device.

since computer don't use battery, nobody really care about it because you can set your e-mail checker to check every minute, and you still use exactly the same amount of watt. also, push will take server resources where they need to keep track of clients.

gtalk is kind of "push client". it never really check your e-mail in certain interval, but it use the same concept as push e-mail (long pool) so it will notify you exactly when you got mail. that's the closest of push mail that you can get on PC.
rjraaz
Thanks for your reply but i cant understand it.
can you provide me links where will i get more information or literature on that.

badai wrote:
the point of push e-mail is the alternative of checking in certain interval to save you battery, that is why it only exist in mobile device.

since computer don't use battery, nobody really care about it because you can set your e-mail checker to check every minute, and you still use exactly the same amount of watt. also, push will take server resources where they need to keep track of clients.

gtalk is kind of "push client". it never really check your e-mail in certain interval, but it use the same concept as push e-mail (long pool) so it will notify you exactly when you got mail. that's the closest of push mail that you can get on PC.
badai
which part that you don't understand?

try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_mail

kind of weird that you already google, yet don't understand about it. it's possible if you google and can't find a desktop solution, but surely when you google, you must find an elaborate explanation on how it works.
Jean-Clod
I second badai. Forget about it. Push on a desktop pc is really pointless. And I don't know if such thing even exists
SirJake86
Hello you get push mail for pc its called thunderbird.

Here is the link http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/