FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting

Should the requirement of posting 5 comments be deleted?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
definetely
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I agree
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
commenting for free hosting is useless
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
make it completely free please
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
if the forum is interesting people will probably comment without being forced to
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

zeda
I don't see the point in asking people to post 5 comments on the forum. It seems nicer to have comments from people who like to post a comment in stead of forcing people to add a comment in order to get a free website. This applies even more since there are lots of websites that offer free website space without asking for any posting in any forum.
silverdown
First off this area is for Hosting Support for people who are commited to posting while using the free service provided my frihost.com/Bondings. Second you don't have to use this service and can go pay for hosting, the 5 posts to prove you are commited and posting often is heck of alot easier then paying $30-$50 USD a month for good hosting. At least with frihost you can just buy a yearly domain name for like $10-$15 USD and post. I been doing it for 3 years so it not really that hard,5-6 good posts a week all it takes to keep it up Cool .
dude_xyx
And the Poll has all options in same meaning. Why it doesn't have a option as NO or Current system is good ?

The current system has worked well for years and I'm sure over 95% users are happy with it.
meep
zeda wrote:
I don't see the point in asking people to post 5 comments on the forum. It seems nicer to have comments from people who like to post a comment in stead of forcing people to add a comment in order to get a free website. This applies even more since there are lots of websites that offer free website space without asking for any posting in any forum.

The reason you have to post five posts before you can apply for hosting is to prevent abuse from spammers and hackers, also it shows you're willing to be active to keep your hosting.
Another good thing about it is that people, after having made a few posts, will start to enjoy the forum and actively participate in it which in return results in your questions being answered more quickly and the possibly to have interesting discussions.

also if it was up to me I'd double the requirement and make it 10 posts + 25 points.