FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


To be a hacker is a great career!





rjraaz
Hello friends i have found following information somewhere on net.

i hope it will be helpfull for you all.



Quote:
Thanks to the popular portrayal of hackers as young immoral computer experts associated with nearly any possible illegal and immoral activity that can be conducted through a computer, we see hackers are outlaws of cyberspace, out to steal passwords, or get access to your bank account and steal money.

In reality, however, a hacker is someone who is curious about the working of computers and software. Often, instead of simply accepting things the way they are, they will look for ways to make things work the way they want. Hacking has been so misrepresented in the mass media that people have had to coin another term “ethical hacking” just to be clear.

With the sudden boom in Information Security, hot jobs with lucrative pay packets are opening up. According to NASSCOM findings, India & USA will require at least 85,000 ethical hackers every year. Unfortunately, only 25,000 have become qualified in the past 5 years.

The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-council, www.eccouncil.org) provides "Certified Ethical Hacker" certification program that empowers people in the domain of information security and enable them to seek jobs in the areas of: Network Security System Administration, Web Administration, Ethical Hacking, etc. A few key benefits of clearing the CEH exam:
1.An average salary of Rs. 5-20 lakhs (experience wise) per annum
2.100% Job Assistance
3.Increase salary (80,000+ USD /Annum) source: www.payscale.com

One of the most popular institutes that provides CEH certification program is Leo Impact. They provide a course of 2-6 months (compared to the 5-6 day courses commonly available in the market). Another advantage is that the course is conducted online, providing flexibility of location and time. Leo Impact has 50,000+ satisfied clients that trust them.

The security division of Leo Impact, "Leo Impact R&D Labs” provides online and network security services to over 5200+ clients, and has a 100% placement rate with Work Permits (Europe and USA). They also provide live projects with trainee work experience and personality development classes before interviews, and are accredited training partner of EC-Council, USA. They work closely with US Defense, Air Force and FBI.

Digit has partnered with Leo Impact, and members of the Digit Community would get an exclusive discount of Rs. 2000 on the course.
ankur209
Its great....!!
Two year before,when i was in 10th grade i always thought of being a hacker...But as i passed my school came to know that Hacking is not a so called field in which you can earn upon...

So i decided to took web designing as my career,but still not gettin my mind out of being a hacker.
Finally after seeing this post and reading it,i think Hacking itslef is a field and it had boost up my confidence to get back to my interest,my field..

Thanx bro...

Nice and inspiring post.. Cool Embarassed
rjraaz
yes there is a large quantity of ethicals are needed by various firms for there security.

it will be an emerging career but in india very few instituion provide such certifications and very costly.




ankur209 wrote:
Its great....!!
Two year before,when i was in 10th grade i always thought of being a hacker...But as i passed my school came to know that Hacking is not a so called field in which you can earn upon...

So i decided to took web designing as my career,but still not gettin my mind out of being a hacker.
Finally after seeing this post and reading it,i think Hacking itslef is a field and it had boost up my confidence to get back to my interest,my field..

Thanx bro...

Nice and inspiring post.. Cool Embarassed
Abhishukla
i just hacking..
right now i am studying some interesting books on ethical hacking.
hunnyhiteshseth
I think ethical has been quite over-rated as a fun filled job where you get to bust computer systems from your home and get paid by companies for that.
But, in reality it is not easy. Being a good-hacker takes lot of skill, perseverance and hard-work and that is not emphaised in popular culture. Infact most of people who want to become hacker end up being just a 'script-kiddie' before leaving the field.
Insanity
I agree, I think it has been glorified through things like 4chan and whatnot, and other script kidies, but I think it requires a lot of skills. You can't just be ahacker and hack into peoples computer. I think even that term has been thrown around without much meaning so it doesn't mean what it initially meant.
Nemesis234
Insanity wrote:
I agree, I think it has been glorified through things like 4chan and whatnot, and other script kidies, but I think it requires a lot of skills. You can't just be ahacker and hack into peoples computer. I think even that term has been thrown around without much meaning so it doesn't mean what it initially meant.

rules 1 and 2, lol, joke..

but seriously find a job entitled "hacker". im pretty convinced that job title doesnt actually excist. hacker is just a fancy word for software programmer, and has seemingly come to mean something else.

a "cracker" is someone who breaks into computers.
iman
ethical hacking pays a lot, but you need to have a lot of experience to be good at it.
It's not as easy as building software from scratch.
toasterintheoven
I get accused of hacking code a lot when I'm at work, but I hardly consider myself a hacker
pll
Lol a great way to get a job in this domain is less ethical but it can be very funny.

Great security companies are often hiring people that really hacked something, a website or whatever.

Let's say like Symantec already hired someone that created a virus and stuff like that.


George Hotz the first person who hardware unlocked an iphone (after a summer of work) was hired in a security company! Cool
epspk
its all a scam, big companies especially anti virus software companies, hire hackers or virus creators, not just for the sake of making the antivir more effective but also to create viruses and malware to spread them on the internet. And of course, since they hired these people to do that so that their own product or service would be more effective than the competitor. its a scam. Hackers or virus authors who do it for fun are getting less in numbers because nobody really wants to f**k up the web nowadays with viruses (its like taking a piss on the same river you get drinking water from). Its just that these companies pay them huge money to create viruses and their respective fixes for the sake of being better than the competition and getting huge revenues. So I tell you, its a conspiracy. All these commercial antivir or security companies are doing it just because they have the people who make em and fix em.

Think about it. Do these companies really want to cure all malware and viruses to extinction and not earn anything anymore?
rjraaz
epspk wrote:
its all a scam, big companies especially anti virus software companies, hire hackers or virus creators, not just for the sake of making the antivir more effective but also to create viruses and malware to spread them on the internet. And of course, since they hired these people to do that so that their own product or service would be more effective than the competitor. its a scam. Hackers or virus authors who do it for fun are getting less in numbers because nobody really wants to f**k up the web nowadays with viruses (its like taking a piss on the same river you get drinking water from). Its just that these companies pay them huge money to create viruses and their respective fixes for the sake of being better than the competition and getting huge revenues. So I tell you, its a conspiracy. All these commercial antivir or security companies are doing it just because they have the people who make em and fix em.

Think about it. Do these companies really want to cure all malware and viruses to extinction and not earn anything anymore?



How you can say that those companies do that for. i dont think so, and come with anyone of that work
epspk
rjraaz wrote:


How you can say that those companies do that for. i dont think so, and come with anyone of that work


I say that because I'm not naive or stupid to believe that this world we live in is a fairy tale. When corporations make money, there is no other reason for them to lose money. There are good people who make antiviruses that work and is FREE. And I believe they do that for good. Like sUBs, the author of combofix. He invests time on a software that actually works and is FREE. But don't trust the commercial ones. They'll just keep on making new viruses and new versions of their software for more money.
rjraaz
epspk wrote:
rjraaz wrote:


How you can say that those companies do that for. i dont think so, and come with anyone of that work


I say that because I'm not naive or stupid to believe that this world we live in is a fairy tale. When corporations make money, there is no other reason for them to lose money. There are good people who make antiviruses that work and is FREE. And I believe they do that for good. Like sUBs, the author of combofix. He invests time on a software that actually works and is FREE. But don't trust the commercial ones. They'll just keep on making new viruses and new versions of their software for more money.


Have you any prove regarding this. have you meet anybody who tell you that he is working for a company like that. If no then how can you say that they hire peoples for that.

Please dont misguide people if you dont have any proof, yes i am agree with you the companies are working for money but they are not going to do like that.
rickylau
rjraaz wrote:
Have you any prove regarding this. have you meet anybody who tell you that he is working for a company like that. If no then how can you say that they hire peoples for that.

Please dont misguide people if you dont have any proof, yes i am agree with you the companies are working for money but they are not going to do like that.
Likewise, can you prove that the security companies aren't doing so? "They are protecting customers because they are paid to do so" is not a reason, they are not protecting those who did not pay, and it has no conflict even they are actually creating virus behind the scene.

They would never let you have the proof even if they really do. Mah, such discussion is just like "Does God exist" or "Can science explain everything"...
epspk
rjraaz wrote:
epspk wrote:
rjraaz wrote:


How you can say that those companies do that for. i dont think so, and come with anyone of that work


I say that because I'm not naive or stupid to believe that this world we live in is a fairy tale. When corporations make money, there is no other reason for them to lose money. There are good people who make antiviruses that work and is FREE. And I believe they do that for good. Like sUBs, the author of combofix. He invests time on a software that actually works and is FREE. But don't trust the commercial ones. They'll just keep on making new viruses and new versions of their software for more money.


Have you any prove regarding this. have you meet anybody who tell you that he is working for a company like that. If no then how can you say that they hire peoples for that.

Please dont misguide people if you dont have any proof, yes i am agree with you the companies are working for money but they are not going to do like that.


There's no need for proof because it is pretty obvious. It's like the wind. You can't see it but you know it exists because you can FEEL it. Do you know that lately a big antivirus company is pushing for E-passports for use in the web? They claim it would add security but would you really think we would have privacy? Open your eyes...
mcqquestions
Please suggest me some good books on Hacking.. I wish to be a Hacker..
Thanks in Advance...
rjraaz
mcqquestions wrote:
Please suggest me some good books on Hacking.. I wish to be a Hacker..
Thanks in Advance...


Search on Google "ankit fadia". may help you
Arty
Programmers in the course of history are making more money then ever. It's one of my choices as a possible career in the future. Let's just hope that this "bubble" doesn't burst anytime soon. Wink
Radar
Arty wrote:
Programmers in the course of history are making more money then ever. It's one of my choices as a possible career in the future. Let's just hope that this "bubble" doesn't burst anytime soon. Wink


It seems unlikely, although the nature of IT seems to be drifting away from raw coding of things and more towards putting together pre-built packages. Some people still have to put together the original packages of course, but perhaps the mainstream coders will be trending more this way in the future.

Is this actually true? I'm not sure. It sounds plausible though.
hunnyhiteshseth
rjraaz wrote:
mcqquestions wrote:
Please suggest me some good books on Hacking.. I wish to be a Hacker..
Thanks in Advance...


Search on Google "ankit fadia". may help you


I would say Ankit Fadia is more of a script kiddie than a hacker!
inuyasha
I would prefer an anti-hacker. Actually both hackers and anti-hackers are improving the security, while some hackers may be annoying.
Abhishukla
People are very much confused about hacker. they think that hacker is one who hacks other computer and use them for their purpose but in fact, the Term hacker has other meaning too .. i.e. hacker can be ethical hacker who works in opposite. ethical hacker helps us in finding the security hole which are later on rectified and thus provides in finding the solution
speeDemon
Hacking seems to be growing not only as a profession, but also as a trend, something that school kids would take pride in doing. Ethical hacking requires an obvious amount of dedication, and patience... you can always try to 'learn' hacking, but the truth is that you'll never be able to become a real hacker unless you invest a lot of time. I feel that hackers who learn hacking for fun are much better than those who are trying to get a job in the sector of ethical hacking, when i say better ,i mean more knowledgeable, due to their dedication towards computers..
mengshi200
hack and safety is couple of twin brother.
Cliffer
no hacker no safety
greamelexon
A hacker is someone who is interested to work with computers and software. Often, instead of just accepting things as they are, they look for ways to make things work the way they want. Hacking has become so distorted in the media that people have had to invent another term "ethical hacking" just to be clear.
mengshi200
Sometimes,hacker act a hero role.
bukaida
Hacking is good if you can distinguish clearly amon WHITE HAT, GRAY HAT & BLACK HAT hackers. A good white hat hacker helps to improve the security by pointing out the loop holes so that they can be corrected.
c'tair
epspk wrote:

There's no need for proof because it is pretty obvious. It's like the wind. You can't see it but you know it exists because you can FEEL it. Do you know that lately a big antivirus company is pushing for E-passports for use in the web? They claim it would add security but would you really think we would have privacy? Open your eyes...

Are you dumb?

Are you joking, are you dumb, or was that a really stupid metaphor you just used?

Do you know anything about programming? Underground groups? Do you know how viruses work, how much effort is put into designing them? If no, then why are you spewing bs on a topic you know NOTHING about?

I'm not saying that there is nobody out there that wants your info, I'm saying that you're making up conspiracy claims and the only proof you give is some bs poor as piss metaphor. And you expect to be taken seriously?

How can I support my claims? First of all, the amount of viruses need a lot of brainpower to create. It's not possible that all the brainpower is hidden under McAfee or Symantec. Even if what you said is true, they would only be responsible for a small percentage of the viruses out there. A drop in the ocean. Second of all, the most profitable viruses are either botnets or credit card number scammers, the only way to make money off of that is on the black market, we're talking at least semi organized crime.
Ugh, there's so much bs here I have to open a window, lol.

As for hacking itself, I wouldn't call it a profession unless you really are making money off of it. Hacking is finding new uses that nobody else has thought of. It all goes back into MIT and the model train club, when it's members "hacked" a bunch of telephone equipment into a track switching devices.
IceCreamTruck
Hacking is a learning style! I hate to interject this late in the game, but when a hack does some B&E then he's a crack, cause you gotta break somethin' to be a crack!

I also have to add this cause no one has said it: Hackjob

Definintion: Someone who's obviously trying to hack you and really just tripping up every security alarm they can on the way in, which really just means someone has to write more email.

Use: Bondings has to drop the hammer on some of the hackjobs that mess around on frihost

Or: WTF is this IceCream hackjob posting on our topic fo, we should "crack" his case! Smile

Lmao.... ah, geek ebonics... it's all I know!
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Jobs and Learning

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.