FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Danish team building a space rocket for a manned flight

Bondings
A team in Denmark is building a space rocket with goal to fly a human into space. The biggest private rocket. They are already pretty advanced. Next week they are launching the unmanned rocket, called HEAT1X-TYCHO.

They are using a fishbowl as a window.

Here is a video of the test of the parachute.

Their plan is to fly a parabola just into space and then return somewhere in the Baltic sea.

Oh and the plan is also tow the platform and pick up the rocket after landing with the submarine (the biggest private one apparently) they built last year ...

Here is a German news report about it.

http://www.copenhagensuborbitals.com/
ocalhoun
+10 points for towing their space-rocket around with a submarine!
dwxco
That is pretty cool, and we will have to see how good they are at rocket science, since its supposed to be hard.
mahirh
Bondings wrote:

They are using a fishbowl as a window.

that is what i am most concerned about , i doubt whether a glass window will be able to overcome the atmospheric pressure generated
standready
That is pretty cool especially the sub tug! Looks like it is designed for one person to watch the fishbowl shatter.

Of course, a hair dryer "glitch" postponed launch until 2011. What!
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/private-danish-suborbital-rocket-launch-delayed-100913.html
menino
What are the Danish sending to space? Pastries? Laughing

Its amazing that the Dutch are doing this project on their own private endeavour.
I'm sure it will do well, and probably go into a private business probably.

I don't think that is an actual fish bowl - I believe its just a glass that is shaped that way to withstand the pressure from outer space pressure.
uzeed
Nino check out what you wrote,
menino wrote:

"What are the Danish sending to space? Pastries? Laughing

Its amazing that the Dutch are doing this project on their own private endeavour.
I'm sure it will do well, and probably go into a private business probably.

I don't think that is an actual fish bowl - I believe its just a glass that is shaped that way to withstand the pressure from outer space pressure."

i think its fish bowl.

Edited by ocalhoun. Please use quote tags to quote other users.
goldennick
It is nice to see that small country have some enthusiasts teams that are making aerospace projects.

A team from Romania is trying to do something similar - ARCA project: https://www.arcaspace.com. They will try to launch a rocket with help of a balloon. This rocket will have no humans with it.

About the success of danish and romanian team - i am a little bit reserved.
mahirh
goldennick wrote:
It is nice to see that small country have some enthusiasts teams that are making aerospace projects.

A team from Romania is trying to do something similar - ARCA project: https://www.arcaspace.com. They will try to launch a rocket with help of a balloon. This rocket will have no humans with it.

About the success of danish and romanian team - i am a little bit reserved.

i personally think that the Romanian team's rocket will be more successful due to their rocket's less complex nature but the danish team 's rocket might cost less judging Fromm the size of the balloon the Romanians will use