FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating a website

Darknight2266
Things you should know:
1.HTML
2.CSS
3.Javascript
4.PHP
5.Mysql
6.ASP(optional)

Things you need to have:
1.A hosting website
2.A domain name (example:yourdomain.com/.org/.net/.diz etc.
Peterssidan
I would say that 2-6 is optional. HTML (or XHTML) is really all that you need to create a static website. Of course CSS is good for describing the visual stuff in (especially in later versions of HTML). You can go far without Javascript. depending on Javascript tend to be a bad idea.
pentangeli
That's funny. Here's a little obscure website that nobody visits that only uses one of those.

http://www.google.com/

View Source, I'm not lying.
Peterssidan
pentangeli wrote:
That's funny. Here's a little obscure website that nobody visits that only uses one of those.

http://www.google.com/

View Source, I'm not lying.

Eh, that website uses HTML, JavaScript and CSS on the client side. On the server side it it's not easy to see exactly what they uses but at least they uses a server side language and a database. It could be PHP and MySQL.
pentangeli
On the server side. Arguably, on the server side Google uses every single language know to man and machine. It's a database of every single website in the world. I'm talking about the simplistic minimalism of the homepage. Not just in appearance and design, or lack thereof, but the fact the code is one piece of arbitrary javascript.

Of course google use more resources than what's apparent, but that's not the point. The point is that barely even need to know how to implement two of those languages to run a successful website. Now this isn't your atypical purest rant about fads and over doing it. It's more a fact about usability and subtly. Web 2.0 was all about less is more. Sure the swan maxim of graceful above the water and paddling like a madman beneath the surface is true of most websites, especially the big ones, but wikipedia again, uses the bare minimum. It focuses on content.

So as far "stuff you need to know" goes, I beg to differ. Css is your go-to guy. Maybe learn some html for nostalgia.

I digress...

1.HTML
2.CSS
3.Javascript (optional)
4.PHP (optional)
5.Mysql (haha)
6.ASP(haha)