FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Steam Sales

weableandbob
Is anyone else here a really big sucker for Steam sales? Half the time they have something on sale, I feel compelled to buy it because the price is usually ridiculously low. The most recent one that I got was the Quakecon pack - $70 well spent Smile
QrafTee
Nope, I have fairly good control.
william
Yeah I can control myself, only by reminding myself that I still have a couple more games to go through, or start for that matter. Laughing Every time they have a really good deal, I'm left wondering if I should do it, and of course the answer is always "no". Actually, the only time I gave in was when they were selling the Orange Box for $9.99. Team Fortress 2 alone was worth more than ten times that in terms of how much entertainment it brought. Razz
LostOverThere
I'm super frugal with my money, but the Steam sales are always mighty tempting. I'm surprised I didn't end up getting GTAIV when it was $3 on Steam or whatever over Christmas.

Now that is self control!
achowles
Yeah, I grab more things than I would have normally bought. Some sales just go crazy and you can afford to take a risk on some games I wouldn't have otherwise considered. My collection of games on there is a testament to that.

Which I guess is good for consumer and publisher alike. And Steam. It's definitely good for them too.
Nameless
I can say with complete honesty that I have never once fallen for any steam sale, on account of how much I can't stand 3rd party applications and have plenty of other games to play instead that even if they gave the games out for free it wouldn't be worth the bandwidth cost for how much time I'd have left over to play them. :/
smsmcfarland
-deleted-