FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How about StarCraft II, somebody played it already?

hersandal
As of for me, I played the StarCraft II and I really like the game. It really have the cool graphics and the characters are quite bigger now compare than before. So far I've been learning to play the games since it's been 8 years I think since the last time I played StarCraft
rayxzero
This game have a cool cinematic scene, blizzard still good in making cinematic.
mukesh
very well and instrecting game starcraft II.
mk12327
mukesh wrote:
very well and instrecting game starcraft II.

Have you got a copy? Maybe you could tell us more about the game itself? How is the experience different from the original starcraft, the improvements (or downfalls), etc. From what I had heard, the single player missions are now more related through the use of purchasing of research and stuff like that. Single player missions in SC1 used to be rather independent of each other, other than the storyline. There are also alternate paths within the single player missions, at least that is what i heard.
r4inm4ker
Yeah, I liked the game a lot. It got pretty in-depth story just for one race. I haven't finished the campaign though, and eager to see how it ends. But i think it will just sets the ground for second and third campaign. Hope they don't hold too long for those "sequel" campaign!
As for multiplayer games, haven't played it a lot, so cannot comment on this one. But i'm quite disappointed that it is region locked. I wish Blizzard ( or more correctly, Activision) changes the policy to allow players from all over the world to play each other.
mk12327
r4inm4ker wrote:
Yeah, I liked the game a lot. It got pretty in-depth story just for one race. I haven't finished the campaign though, and eager to see how it ends. But i think it will just sets the ground for second and third campaign. Hope they don't hold too long for those "sequel" campaign!
As for multiplayer games, haven't played it a lot, so cannot comment on this one. But i'm quite disappointed that it is region locked. I wish Blizzard ( or more correctly, Activision) changes the policy to allow players from all over the world to play each other.

Yes, i'm pretty disappointed with the region locking as well. It was one of the main reasons for my delay in buying a copy of it. But many argued that overall the game is worth the money regardless of the short-comings.
r4inm4ker
mk12327 wrote:
r4inm4ker wrote:

Yes, i'm pretty disappointed with the region locking as well. It was one of the main reasons for my delay in buying a copy of it. But many argued that overall the game is worth the money regardless of the short-comings.

The single player campaign alone makes it worthy to buy, IMHO. You get a lot of variation in terms of playing style with the addition of achievement feature. Sometimes you need to go rush to complete the mission in time, other times you need to destroy all the building, or prevent losing any unit. Basically you may need to play each mission more than one time to successfully acquire all the achievement. I think even the hardcore players may find it difficult to complete them all in the first try.
smsmcfarland
-deleted-
PureReborn
Single player was ok. They give up a tight storyline for some choices and replayability, but the missions were interesting so it was still good.

Loving it for the multi player though. The changes from SC1 makes it a lot easier to play. Let's you focus more on strategy and less on getting random tasks done.
Pengeszikra
My close friend is is start to play starcraft II. He is don't sleep near a week long. Possible this is a nice game.
toasterintheoven
warcraft iv is going to be better than this game
QrafTee
toasterintheoven wrote:
warcraft iv is going to be better than this game
Nope, especially not if they continue the whole hero-centric gameplay. It made the game go so slowly. Anyway, Blizzard is probably more interested in expanding the Warcraft universe through World of Warcraft II.
Insanity
I'd like to think that Starcraft and Warcraft have somewhat different play styles. One can't really replace another, especially when they're released in such a staggered fashion.
hersandal
I even didn't sleep on every night because of this game. I guess almost 4 days I only sleep for 1hr everynight because of this game playing with my friends here on our neighborhood online. It is really a cool game that you can waste your time playing it.
Insanity
This thread deserves more attention! Starcraft 2 is awesome.
QrafTee
Insanity wrote:
I'd like to think that Starcraft and Warcraft have somewhat different play styles. One can't really replace another, especially when they're released in such a staggered fashion.
True, but with the coming of Starcraft II, Blizzard--I believe--has decided to remove Warcraft III from the tournament cycle at WCG because they're only allowed to have 3 hosted games in a given year (and they want to keep World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Starcraft II in the running)
Flakky
I don't believe that I will ever be good at RTS games, neither am I willing for competition. So I am only going to play if for Skirmish and Campaign. I'm going to wait for a price drop before I think of buying it.
rayxzero
This game does not really a hit here on our region.
Alerrandre
Amazing Game !!!!!
Alpha118
Starcraft 2 is simply awesome, I've been playing it alot recently and I can only reccomend it, the only feature I feel is missing is LAN, I'd really like to be able to play with my friends LAN, but ofc you can easily play over Bnet.

Also, if anyone needs help feel free to PM me Smile (EU server)
Flakky
Alpha118 wrote:
Starcraft 2 is simply awesome, I've been playing it alot recently and I can only reccomend it, the only feature I feel is missing is LAN, I'd really like to be able to play with my friends LAN, but ofc you can easily play over Bnet.

If there is no possibility to play LAN than it would seriously suck. They should fix it, though they did it on purpose (I assume)
Alpha118
Flakky wrote:
Alpha118 wrote:

If there is no possibility to play LAN than it would seriously suck. They should fix it, though they did it on purpose (I assume)

Well, it's not lik in warcraft 3 where you needed to open ports and stuff to host a game, here everyone can host a game on Bnet, but anyways, you can't just lend your friends the CD and start playing;P
Alerrandre
I played,it is just amazing.
ham65
Amazing game man,i played that about 5 hours in the first day.
Camidoo
I like Star Craft 2 too, i like the personal carts in the Game and the normal game too Wink.
drunkenkoz
Starcraft 2 is an amazing game that requires a lot of micro management. If you can't handle multitasking between hundreds of units then the game isn't for you. It's a fun game for competition and it's especially popular in Korea. They have it as a national sport. If you want to try this game it is recommended for the amazing single player campaign and custom games that you can play online. The only problem that can occur is buying the different single player campaigns for $15.00 a piece.
Flakky
Is there actually someone on Frihost which is actually interested in watching livestreams, replays and has some insight for the major competitions or are all of you more interested in playing the campaign?