FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my desktop PC is always restart

aks371
Hello All,

i want to ask why my desktop PC is always restart ?

I think it's not the problem in the software, because i reinstall OS Windows XP so many times. And also I have changed Mother Board, RAM. But the problem is existing.

i suspicious the problem in the Power Supply.

so I want to ask, is the Power Supply is so importmant for Computer ?

does i need to buy new Power Supply ?

Which Power Supply is good for recommended ?

Thanks
saratdear
Power supply is certainly important. Since you have eliminated motherboard and RAM as the cause, I suggest you try changing it. Perhaps it has not got enough power to run all the things on your PC.
william
Yeah, most likely either the power supply isn't functioning correctly or the system is overheating. Often a power supply simply doesn't have the ability to provide enough power to the system. Perhaps your rails don't have an ample amount of current or the voltages aren't stable. If you've got another power supply (of similar or better specs) sitting around, try swapping that in and see if things improve. If you don't, then buying a new one is probably a good idea. As for which one to buy, well that really depends on the specifications of your computer. Many great choices out there, but just as many bad ones.
seemidip
In PC restart, RAM can also be an issue, most probably you should try to replace ram and see if it resolves the issue.

regards
menino
My pc also restarts a lot, but this is because of the heat sensor.
My CPU fan does not work properly, and its an old machine, and the fan for that pentium 2 cpu isnt available in the pc market where I live, so I have to live with it.

What you might need to do, is get the contact gel for the CPU fan / heatsink, and reapply it generously, and then recheck.
I dont think that gel is very expensive, though.

Good luck!
rjraaz
Following link may be help in this regarding try it out.

http://www.improve-pc-tools.com/index.php/why-do-windows-keep-crashing/

if your problem will not resolve ask again.
dude_xyx
Yeah it might be power supply or your PC might have a over heating problem. If your processor getting over heated it automatically restarts the machine. did you check the cooler unit fan ?
wschleifer
Hello,

can you describe the restart?
1.) Is there only a power off of the machine?
2.) Or is there a window that tells you machine is powered down?

with this info we can guess if it is a hardware fault or a software initiated restart(some viruses do that!).

thanks.
wschleifer.
tamilparks
some times your PC may be affected with some viruses, so you first clean your system with some antivirus scanners
wasayas
I had a problem with my computer, XP. When I start it, it will not opn to the main page but restart after "starting windows". Whats the probable cause of this please. and whats the solution.?
jeremyhowell
You should probably start a new thread for your question mate:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xp+continuously+restarting
ProwerBot
If you've reinstalled its definatately a hardware issue, if not a driver failure (unlikely).
rockpan
try replace the power source and check.
one of my friends had met the same problem, he replaced the power source, and it worked.

but the problem may be caused by other hardware failure, such as the CPU grease has lost efficacy.
portoskt
just reinstall your operating system, and if it will be again restart start looking for hardware problems... for that can be million reasons
mukesh
aks371 wrote:
Hello All,

i want to ask why my desktop PC is always restart ?

I think it's not the problem in the software, because i reinstall OS Windows XP so many times. And also I have changed Mother Board, RAM. But the problem is existing.

i suspicious the problem in the Power Supply.

so I want to ask, is the Power Supply is so importmant for Computer ?

does i need to buy new Power Supply ?

Which Power Supply is good for recommended ?

Thanks

1st you check your SMPS (power Supply) and UPS in both i think any one have problem.

then after check your ram or harddisk.
siemens13
I think power supply is the best reason for pc restart.
darthrevan
dude_xyx wrote:
Yeah it might be power supply or your PC might have a over heating problem. If your processor getting over heated it automatically restarts the machine. did you check the cooler unit fan ?

Like dude said, your computer might be overheating or bad power supply. I know when a computer gets to hot, it will restart/shutdown to try and save itself.