FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am sick...

leat397
Crying or Very sad I applied 2 days anuual leave from 3/10 - 4/10.
Unluck was that I've been sick from 3/10 to 4/10 and today..

I have heard that poeple would easily get illness when relief from pressure. I think it quite true for this case..
dan751
I remeber when I was sick in January, oh my, it was a nightmare.
Well, get better soon dude. SmileCool
budazz
im remember when im sick and had 2 week vacation but im not happy b'coz i missed 3 lessons in our school Crying or Very sad
gonzo
leat397 wrote:
get illness when relief from pressure

Stress depresses immune system response:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/53/61245.htm
Quote:
Being stressed out may not only increase your chances of getting sick, but it could also hinder your immune system's ability to fight off infection and disease. New research shows that chronic stress can affect how well the immune system is able to respond to its own signals.

The study shows that constant stress impairs the immune system's capacity to respond to the normal hormonal cues that signal the end of an inflammatory attack after an infection or injury. Those hormones, known as glucocorticoids, are responsible for turning off the production of compounds from the immune system that trigger inflammation.

http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~hanko/Bio/stress.html
Quote:
The immune system protects the body from disease organisms and other foreign bodies, known as antigens. The first line of defense is local barriers such as the skin, peritoneum, etc, and inflammation due to immunoglobulins, or antibodies. If those fail to block or destroy the antigens, the cell-mediated immune response and the humoral immune response kick in. The cell-mediated response uses sensitized T cells (white blood cells derived in the thymus) to recognize, attach to, and render antigens inactive. Other types of T cells, helper T cells, which aid in production of antibodies by B (bone marrow) cells, and suppressor/cytotoxic T cells, which inhibit that production, are also essential for proper immune system function. Helper T cells are also known as CD4 cells, and suppressor T cells are known as CD8 cells (Glaser, Anderson & Anderson, 1992).

Studies by Manuck, et al in 1991 showed that psychological stressors induced cell division among CD8 cells, thereby increasing the number of CD8 cells and suppressing immune function. However, this response was only seen in those subjects who also showed high heart rate change and catecholamine change during the stressors. This was consistent with the theory that there are two groups of people those who are "high reactors", and those who are "low reactors". High reactors are significantly affected by stress, as shown by a significant increase in heart rate, blood pressure, catecholamines, and CD8 cells. Low reactors show little or no change in those areas (Manuck, et al, 1991).

You either need to avoid stress or change your environments which would ordinarily render you stressed.
Nameless
gonzo wrote:

You either need to avoid stress or change your environments which would ordinarily render you stressed.

Which getting sick would do! So by being sick you are curing yourself.
wendy86
i am sick.. but i don go to see doctor because i do like to eat medicine...
crimson_aria
Whenever I get sick, I drink a lot of water or juice (water therapy). It works most of the time for me.

I wish your good health back. ^__^
snowboardude
once when i was sick i though i slept for an hour.

then my mom came in my room and told me i was out for a week :S

but yeah, when i get sick, my fever spikes up to around 40 deg. C
-+Enigma_84958+-
get to feeling better
holo255
yo unlucky dude get well soon Smile Very Happy
Karl
I had food poisoning yesterday and the day before.
That is not funny so I think I will change my fast food venue!
Today I'm fresh again so maybe it was just the digestive system rebooting.
James007
wendy86,

Please don't kick such an old topic for such a useless reply.

Thank you.
sibbahz
Always seems to happen to me as well, dont usually get ill while working but as soon as i have time off or try and have fun im not up to it.
jongoldsz
You are really unlucky. I doubt something like that will happen again.
Dean_The_Great
Many people get sick when they're experienced a sudden loss of stress, as your body has only been holding out for a specific task.

Many people I know will not get sick at all before the test, but immediately after the test the symptoms hit full throttle. This is because your body is sub-consciously (if not consciously) saying "Hold out just until *insert cause of stress here*".

This is why people get sick on their vacations. They tell themselves "Just last until the 15th, then I'm on two weeks vacation". The 15th hits, and they get sick.

Gotta love how life works eh?
Fanghai44
i feel sick when i fail a test...or when i do something wrong that ppl r rly mad at me about...that like disorients the nervous system or something. well after i fail a test...it just doesnt feel rite
goutha
Well, try to do something interesting and not to loose these days... I suppose that if you can read and write on forums, you can do other things indoor.
Get well !!!
a.Bird
First post by leat397: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:31 pm

Why isn't this locked.
saiyeek
wendy86 wrote:

C'mon you'd have to see the doctor if the condition is getting worse. Isn't it???
blendbet
saiyeek wrote:
wendy86 wrote:

C'mon you'd have to see the doctor if the condition is getting worse. Isn't it???

I' am afraid of the doctors also Confused
Anyway you have to visit a doctor to prevent anything worse
starwallz
Whats there to be afraid of doctors? They just give you a little medicine that cures your illness thats all. I would be more afraid of NOT going to the doctors, personally.
James007
a.Bird wrote:
First post by leat397: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:31 pm

Why isn't this locked.

You are free too PM a moderator until we have a reporting system.

-close-